Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not visible when on wifi, but can connect via PIN

Chromecast not visible when on wifi, but can connect via PIN

Basically I can't see my chromecast when I'm connected to my wifi network but it's available via PIN when I'm just using my carrier network. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
8 Replies

Chromecast is not compatible with Spotify. There is an idea linked in my signature which you should add Kudos to!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Wrong. Chromecast is supported by Spotify since like two days!  😄

https://www.spotify.com/en/chromecast/

First follow the guide here (but from what you wrote you did that already, as these steps seem quite trival [and that is _good_:) ])

https://support.spotify.com/de/learn-more/guides/#!/article/chromecast-steps-and-setup

if it still doesn’t work, it's most likely caused by and old firmware version on the Chromecast, according to the FAQ that is.

It doens't work for my either so i assume it's the firmware version for me as well. My Chromecast is on the firmware version: 1.15.38401

Chromecast is updated via OTA-Updates so all we can do is wait for google to push the new version 😕

If someone has a working Chromecast it would be great if he'd post his Firmware version here, so i can compare i to mine to make sure that the firmware is indeed the cause for the problem.

Please keep in mind Chromecast support will be a slowly rolling out feature, so don't panic if you can't get it to appear for you yet.

When did that happen... I must have missed that announcement!

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi @Oteph just checked my chromecast and updated to Firmware version: 1.15.38401

I can see the chromecast in the device connection screen in the Spotify app and can tap it to connect and get a message that I'm connected. Just no sound comes from the TV.

Guess it's the next chromecast FW that won't allow it to fully work. Seems Spotify have done their bit, just waiting on Google to push the firmware out fully now.

Android Troubleshooting:

I think the reason it shows up as an option when connecting using Guest Mode (via PIN) but not over WiFi is that it is only possible for the app to determine if your Chromecast firmware supports Spotify when connecting over WiFi. When connecting via Guest Mode it appears to only be able to determine thise once it has actually connected. You gest a notification appears saying that it is connected but it gets disconnected almost immediately once the app determines that Spotify isn't supported.

So we just need to either wait for the firmware update to the original Chromecast (which is aparently coming in the next few weeks) or buy one of the new Chromecasts (I've actually gone for the latter as I was already considering getting a second Chromecast for another television in the house before the new Chromecast was announced).

I have this same problem. I'm on a 3.8 version of spotify and my old chromecast firmware is 1.16.444433. Anyone else still have this issue? I can see the chromecast in guest mode, but it doesn't actually connect properly.

I'm hoping I'm just due for another firmware update, but my impression was this was the most recent one...

It's been said that it may be a few weeks before the firmware update for the older Chromecast is rolled out. I'm sure they'll be an announcement when it happens.

Suggested posts