Premium

Country

US

Device

TCL 20s

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Every time I've logged into the app on my phone, it somehow didn't log in but also did. I can see my dashboard and my username, but all of my playlists, saved songs, even my profile picture doesn't show up. I've done a clean reinstall, I've tried logging in without a password, and I've made sure all of my credentials are correct. I also can't listen to any music, I literally cannot see or play anything. This hasn't happened to me on desktop but I'm scared it might. What's the point of having premium if the app doesn't even work? I've followed troubleshooting instructions and nothing has helped. I can't find anyone who's had a similar issue. This is very frustrating.

IMG_20230523_195602.jpg
IMG_20230523_195622.jpg
IMG_20230523_195544.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @urmomlol8,

Thanks for your reply and for trying our recommendations. 

If you have an SD card on your device, try removing it and logging into your account again. Does that make any difference? If it does, we recommend having both Spotify and your downloaded music saved on the internal memory and not the SD card. You could also try formatting the SD card or using a different one.

If that's not the case, it's possible that you're experiencing this Ongoing issue. You can add your vote to it by clicking on the Thumbs up icon, if you haven't already. Also, make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments.  

Let us know how that goes!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @urmomlol8,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We'd recommend that you test if you can see your playlists while using a different network. For example try to connect to another Wi-Fi or test with a hotspot network (if possible). 

It's also a good idea to take a look at this article for more information on what else to check if songs/playlists are missing from Your library. 

Lastly, it's worth checking if you have another account with us and if you're logged in into this account. Take a look at this page to see if that's the case and what to do to locate it.

On another note, if you've come across unexpected activity on your Spotify (like deleted playlist, missing songs from library), it'd be good to make sure no one is accessing your account in an unauthorized way. If you think someone’s gained access to your account - head here and see what steps you'd need to take.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how things work out.

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

So I think the main issue is with the mobile app. I checked to make sure I didn't have a second account and I logged in on both the desktop app and on my browser and they both worked fine. I tried using a different network to log into the mobile app, however it continues to be a problem. What's more is that when I log in on my browser or anywhere else, I get an email telling me there was a new login. However when I attempt to log into the mobile app, I do not get an email about a new login. Somehow it is not actually letting me log in even though I use the correct credentials and can see the thumbnails for my playlists and edit my profile but cannot see or play any songs at all or even search for anything. Somehow I'm able to see my profile as if I'm logged in, but I'm not actually logged in and cannot use Spotify.

Marked as solution

Hey @urmomlol8,

Thanks for your reply and for trying our recommendations. 

If you have an SD card on your device, try removing it and logging into your account again. Does that make any difference? If it does, we recommend having both Spotify and your downloaded music saved on the internal memory and not the SD card. You could also try formatting the SD card or using a different one.

If that's not the case, it's possible that you're experiencing this Ongoing issue. You can add your vote to it by clicking on the Thumbs up icon, if you haven't already. Also, make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments.  

Let us know how that goes!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Removing the SD card and then downloading the app and logging in worked! Thank you!

Hey there @urmomlol8,

Thanks for the post.

Glad to hear that the suggestion from Susan_GP worked and you can use the app again 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts