Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Congrats Spotify, this works always perfect!

Congrats Spotify, this works always perfect!

No matter after how many updates or how many clean installations, within one week my offline tracks are always removed from my SD card.

This is a rock-solid feature which Spotify offers, year after year, update after update, no matter how many users complain about this and report this.

As always, the Spotify Helpdesk is a joke and tell you this problem is solved by the clean installation procedure. But it isn't.

Thank you Spotify for this great bug and ignoring it for years and probably many years to come . I wished everything in Spotify was as consequent as this bug.

Don't worry Spotify, it is only a basic feature everybody wants so why would you solve it? It will only cost you many customers, so who cares? You obviously don't! 

4 Replies

Hey There!

Have you seen this page for auto deleting offline songs? If so and the problem still occurs, reach out to me again and we'll go from there. If not, I'll save you the trouble of going to the link by posting the most relevant content on that page here. 

Downloads unexpectedly removed

There are a few possible reasons why your downloads might have been removed:

• You've downloaded music to more than 3 devices.
  • You haven't been online with Spotify at least once in the last 30 days. 
  • You've recently reinstalled the app (doing so automatically removes downloaded tracks from your device). 
  • Your Spotify app needs updating. 
  • Your SD card (if your device has one) has become compromised (dislodged, corrupted, etc.) 
  • The content's no longer available on Spotify.
  • Tracks in some playlists, such as Discover Weekly and other Spotify-curated playlists are updated regularly, meaning tracks might be removed. 

If your tracks won't stay downloaded to your device, we recommend removing all your active offline devices (see "Manage your active offline devices" below), then reinstall the appbefore downloading the tracks again. 

Manage your active offline devices

You can download Spotify tracks for offline listening on up to 3 devices at a time. If you want to download music to a 4th device, you have these options:

• When you download to the additional device, the device with the earliest downloads will be automatically removed from the Offline devices list. The tracks on this device will no longer be downloaded for offline listening. 
  • Before you download to the additional device, manually remove a device from the Offline devices list. The tracks on this device will no longer be downloaded for offline listening. 

(Link :https://support.spotify.com/article/listen-offline-troubleshooting/)

Hope This helps,

twentythree

I am sorry, but this doesn't really help me. I always follow the whole procedure as you described. 

Hello!

Since that didn't work, let's try something else. Have you tried removing offline devices as you can only download songs on a single premium account on up to 5 devices? Also can you please give me your device, operating system and version of Spotify that this is problem is occuring on? To find the version of spotify, follow these steps: 

Pop up to the top of Spotify and click on "Help", then "About Spotify". 
Here, you should see what version of Spotify you have installed. If there are any updates, a new line should appear saying "A newer version of Spotify is available. Click here to install it".

Hope This Helps,

twentythree

Hi there,

First of all thanks for all the help! Off-line devices are removed. I use the off-line tracks only for 1 device, which is my Android LG 3. The version of Spotify I use is 8.4.48.497 armV7. I tried the clean installation zillion times. Most or the time only 1 device is logged in. I also use the Chromecast audio to stream Spotify to my stereo when I am at home.

I tried it also on the smartphone of my wife, which is an Android LG4.  Also on this device the off line tracks dissapear.

They are still on the SD card, but it seems that Spotify can't access it 

Suggested posts