Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Watch Active2

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I recently installed the connect app on my smart watch which seemed to work great until I connected my phone to my car. I then found out that Spotify becomes completely unresponsive in Android auto so long as the connect app is insed and running. The only way I've been able to restore functionality in Android Auto is to I install the connect app from my watch, and then force stop the Spotify app on my phone. 

4 Replies

Hey there @TechGreg,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this? If you do, we’d first recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your phone and making sure no battery optimization or data cleaning apps or settings are activated.  

Let us know how it goes! We’ll be right here if you still need help.   

Hi,

Just to confirm that i encounter exactly this issue. Samsung S8 with android auto using a Samsung Active2 watch. (All updated to most recent version)

BR,

• Hello Ivan, 

I have tried the Spotify connect app again and I'm still having the same issues as reported before. Both my phone and my watch are updated to the latest OS versions and my Spotify version is also updated to the latest version as well. 

Hey folks,

Thanks getting back to us with your feedback.

Note that when a phone is connected to Android Auto, all control over the phone is delegated to the Car's Android Auto interface. 

Since the watch is trying to communicate with the phone, but it in turn is taken over by Android Auto, the commands from the watch aren't executed on the phone.

Could you let us know if the same thing happens if you actively unlock the phone and open up the app while still connected to Android Auto? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts