Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect stops after unlocking phone

Connect stops after unlocking phone

Hi,

I'm using a Spotify Connect with my Yamaha YSP 2700. Latest App on Android and firmware on the Yamaha soundbar.

Whenever I unlock the phone after leaving it playing for a few minutes, the music will stop. If you launch the app, it will show "Devices Available" and I have to connect it back again and Play again. 

10 Replies

I have the same problem with my Denon CEOL. When my Denon is connected via spotify connect with my computer and I unlock my phone (oneplus 3)  the connection drops and I have to connect it again. Worth to mention is that it only happens sometimes.

Exactly the same issue also happens with a Marantz NR1506 and a Motorola G5 Android phone.

Denon CEOL here too and exactly the same problem. My phone is a Moto X Style.

Same here. Using a Denon CEOL Piccolo and Samsung Galaxy S7.

Same here, old Sony Z3 android phone and Marantz MCR611. If I've started Spotify Connect from my laptop and wake my phone up, about 50% of the time it'll kill the music. Stopping laptop client and Marantz and restarting fixes most of the time. As far as I know all clients and firmware are the latest version.

Well, I don't have any gadget to test this, but thinking on it something came out on my mind: can you guys mute your unlock screen sound and try if it still happens? I was wondering if the app/gadget consider the unlocking sound as some kind of notification and interrupts the current play? Just try it and let us know?

Regards.

Good thinking, but my phone is already set for no sound on unlock 😞 Thanks
though.

I have the same: Denon Ceol N4 + Samsung S5.

Already reset both service, no result.

When I am unlocking phone, music stops and internet is reconnecting (on Denon).

Just to add - when I unistall Spotify app, problem stops. But this is not a solution, this device is compatible with Spotify and it should work correctly.

On the Pixel I have the same problem. Would be great if someone from Spotify looked into this.. 

Suggested posts