Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to Yamaha R-N301 network receiver

Solved!

Connecting to Yamaha R-N301 network receiver

I have just subscribed to Spotify Premium & am trying to connect to my Yamaha R-N301 network receiver. The receiver name appears in the list of connected devices, but when I select it Spotify says it is connecting but fails. I'm running latest firmware on the R-N301 & am using the latest Android Spotify version.

Network setup is: BT Home Hub 5 connected via 5Ghz wireless to Samsung Galaxy Tab-S, Yamaha R-N301 receiver set to Spotify input & connected via a TP-Link 200Mbps Powerline adapter to the Home Hub. A network search reveals that all devices are connected and active on the same sub-net (I use Fing for this).

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to sort this connection isssue out?

thanks

John

UK

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

& now after a few different attempts! I tried connecting Spotify to the R-N301 from my hard-wired LAN connected PC & it worked first time!

So, I tried connecting from the Galaxy Tab-S & it now works as well!

Apparently, the R-N301 doesn't stream from the controlling device (the tablet in my case) but via a direct link to Spotify. It obviously took a while for my (new today) Premium subscription to filter thru.

I hope this gives other users the reassurance that Connect does work with the R-N301

thanks

John

UK

View solution in original post

6 Replies

BTW, the network setup works fine when using Doubletwist to stream to the R-N301 in Airplay mode. Hence my frustration!
Marked as solution

& now after a few different attempts! I tried connecting Spotify to the R-N301 from my hard-wired LAN connected PC & it worked first time!

So, I tried connecting from the Galaxy Tab-S & it now works as well!

Apparently, the R-N301 doesn't stream from the controlling device (the tablet in my case) but via a direct link to Spotify. It obviously took a while for my (new today) Premium subscription to filter thru.

I hope this gives other users the reassurance that Connect does work with the R-N301

thanks

John

UK

I am playing with same issue all day. Can you explain "hardwired" ? Does it.men.you connect PC direct to Yamaha, avoiding router?

What I meant by 'hard-wired' is that I now have a LAN connection to the RN-301 via a Powerline LAN. The other end of this is connected to a BT Homehub 5 router port. I found this setup gave a more relaible connection than I had by using a WiFi adapter with the RN-301.

Hope this helps.

I have same hardwired.connection So fat I javr network radio, can see PC, and can.play musica from all android.phones. But stil no spotify on androod.phone. Question, do I need Spotiffy Android app on phone, or account on PC is enougj?

You need to install Spotify on your Android phone. In order for cross-device streaming to work you need a Spotify Premium account.

Suggested posts