Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting to a coworker phone

Connecting to a coworker phone

Hello all,

I'm very sad to had to post here, but there is something happening that are already making my experience so bad that I'm considering stop subscribing spotify.

Spotify connect is awesome, right?

I can control my pc with my phone, send musics to my rpi (my "music box") and stuff... but when I use spotify on work is when the real trouble begin.

We have a shared wifi and everytime I connect to this wifi, I connect to a random coworker phone.

It always show "You are listening from <device>" and this really, really, really is bad.

I do not relate in anything that this person listen, spotify keeps transferring the ownership of some of his playlist to me. TO ME.

I already have a "daily mix" with this songs.

There is a way to fix it or I will really need to terminate my spotify account?

Thank you!

8 Replies

Hey @ishimarumakoto, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with Connect. The best way to avoid this from happening is to not be on the same WiFi network.

You can also switch your app into Offline Mode to prevent it from connecting to other devices on the same network.

Let us know if that helps.

@SergioDavid wrote:

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with Connect. The best way to avoid this from happening is to not be on the same WiFi network.

You can also switch your app into Offline Mode to prevent it from connecting to other devices on the same network.

Sorry but NO, this do not help me.

It's like saying "well, if you don't want to gain weight, how about not eating at all"?

The best way to avoid that is liker, coding a way to block the connection with certain devices.

If you want me to use in offline mode, so I will use other app online or even cancel the subscription and get back in download musics.

@ishimarumakoto wrote:

@SergioDavid wrote:

Sorry but NO, this do not help me.

It's like saying "well, if you don't want to gain weight, how about not eating at all"?

The best way to avoid that is liker, coding a way to block the connection with certain devices.

If you want me to use in offline mode, so I will use other app online or even cancel the subscription and get back in download musics.

My discovery weekly is totally DESTROID thanks to this problem.

Literally I lost all the things that made me want to use Spotify.

Thanks but I am done.

Hey @ishimarumakoto.

This shouldn't happen unless you're sharing your Spotify account with your coworkers.

Spotify Connect allows you to manage your account on other devices where you're already logged in, you can also use compatible speakers from your phone if they're using the same WiFi signal.

If other users are controlling what you listen to on your phone, I suggest logging in here and clicking the Sign Out Everywhere button. Also, try resetting your password to be on the safe side.

Once you've secured your Spotify account, your personalized playlists should go back to how they used to be in a few weeks.

In case you're using a Google Home or an Amazon speaker with Alexa, and your account is linked to the respective app, make sure you log out from it so your account isn't used without permission.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

@Alfredo wrote:

Hey @ishimarumakoto.

This shouldn't happen unless you're sharing your Spotify account with your coworkers.

Spotify Connect allows you to manage your account on other devices where you're already logged in, you can also use compatible speakers from your phone if they're using the same WiFi signal.

If other users are controlling what you listen to on your phone, I suggest logging in here and clicking the Sign Out Everywhere button. Also, try resetting your password to be on the safe side.

Once you've secured your Spotify account, your personalized playlists should go back to how they used to be in a few weeks.

In case you're using a Google Home or an Amazon speaker with Alexa, and your account is linked to the respective app, make sure you log out from it so your account isn't used without permission.

Cheers.

Hi,

It's 100% impossible to have this account logged in any other place.

This is my account and I never shared my contact, password or anything with this person.

I'll try to change my screen and already logged out.

If it don't help, I will terminate my account.

Thank you.

You're welcome!

I hope this keeps any user away from your account, but if it happens again, let us know. We'll see what to suggest.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I have this same problem at work, which is egregious, and have seen the same answer in other forum questions.... it's not a solution!

I've never shared my account info, surely not to my coworkers, and have even tried "signing out everywhere." It is of no help.

When I use Spotify at work, it constantly switches to playing on random other people's devices. Do you realize what an egregious issue this is? Spotify is literally creating awkward social situations at the office. "Don't use the same wifi network" is not a solution. Everyone in an office uses the same wifi network...

What is a real solution you can offer me? And please report this issue to your product team.

Hey @jadoer,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community.

For us to be able to look into this, it'd be great if you'd let us know the following additional info:

• All the devices involved, both the Spotify account devices and the speaker device(s) 
  • Exact version of the Operating system of all the Spotify account devices.
  • Exact version of all the mentioned Spotify accounts
  • Does the issue happen with Connect or with Bluetooth? Or both?
  • An as detailed as possible description of the issue

We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts