Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connectivity Issues + Can't Search For Songs On Mobile

Connectivity Issues + Can't Search For Songs On Mobile

Hello I just purchased the OnePlus One and the past few days the Spotify app has been giving me quite a bit of trouble. Every time I click into it it says that it's offline, even though I have full 4G LTE bars. 

The biggest issue, however, is that most of the time when I'm on the go and not connected to wi-fi, searching for any song will bring up the "Oops, something went wrong" error. Doesn't matter if I use Google Now voice search to pull up the song directly or try to indirectly reach an artists page from the songs I do have saved already, I can't listen to ANY song unless I have it already saved. This is incredibly frustrating because everything else on the phone has been working well and now if a song pops into my head instead of being able to listen to it I have to wait til I get home or to work to connect to the wi-fi for the app to work. Please release an update or help me asap! 

Thank you! 

11 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Have you already to tried to logout and login afterwards? Sometimes something simple as this already fixes the problem.

And have you already tried to reinstall Spotify on your Android device?

To reinstall Spotify on Android, please follow all the steps correctly as given in this topic.

Thanks! 

I'd reinstall, but I have about 40GB synced and would hate to lose all that. I tried logging out and logging back in. I don't want to speak too soon but I'll def check back later today whether or not this solution works! 

T-Mobile US at all????

Check the troubleshooting guide at the top of the forum about how to create a new APN without ipv6.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yes it is. There is a separate APN set up for ipv6 so that's definitely not what's causing it.

Can you confirm that the APN you re using is ipv4? Spotify doesn't work over ipv6 at present.

Android Troubleshooting:

Confirmed, as my data doesn't work at all over ipv6 for some reason 😛

Hmm... It sounds like it's still trying to use the ipv6 APN maybe. I know on some phones you can create a new APN and then after a while it will revert back, can you try completely deleting the ipv6 APN, check all the settings for your ipv4 APN then reboot.

Android Troubleshooting:

I can't delete the v6 but I noticed the APN type section was missing the following values: hipri,dun. No clue what those values do but might they help? 

Also updated to 1.7.0. I've got a long commute ahead of me back home so hoping for the best! 

Alas the problem still isn't solved. Even worse, I can't receive MMS anymore :(. It's still very tempermental unless on Wi-Fi.

I have opened a bug for this here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Bugs/Android-T-Mobile-No-Internet-Connection/idi-p/973865

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a similar problem but there is NO search button! What do I do?

Suggested posts