Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Consider redesigning podcast view, awful UX

Consider redesigning podcast view, awful UX

Hello,

in hope that somebody from the Spotify (Dev) team reads it:

From my point of view you should honestly consider redesigning the podcast view again. With one of the latest update the UX became way worse. It was actually good before.

Using version 8.4.70.666 on my Android device, the elements are so big that in portrait mode only 2.5 elements can be displayed at once on the screen. It's even worse using the landscape view, as only 1 single element can be displayed at once. This is quite annoying, especially with podcasts that have hundreds of episodes. Not even mentioning that there is plenty of free space next to the cover that could be used to shrink an element.

Besides that it seems to follow a different design guideline than all the other elements (songs for instance).

Having a list full of songs, I can tap an entry anywhere (except for the "three dots"-icon on the right) in order to play it. In order to get the "advanced" options of an entry, I can either long tap the entry, or hit the "three dots"-icon.

Now, switching to a list with podcasts, I would assume the navigation is the very same. Unfortunately a single tap brings up the options which is quite irritating. In order to play it you actually have to hit the new play icon that each elements has. This feels very inconsistent to me.

I personally would really love to see the old design again. It fits the overall style way better as it seamlessly integrates with the common list view. Furthermore, seeing multiple items at once makes it easier for me to see where I am in the list while I'm scrolling through it. Last but not least, I can just tap about anywhere on the element, without paying too much attention, in order to start it. That being my usual interaction with such an element, I cannot think of a use case where I need the "advanced" options more often than the "play" functionality.

Thank you in advance

Rusher0

🙂

0 Replies

Suggested posts