Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constantly says I'm in "offline mode" even though I'm connected to WiFi

Solved!

Constantly says I'm in "offline mode" even though I'm connected to WiFi

I have Spotify Premium mainly due to the fact that I can listen to music on my phone aswell, but for the past week it has been telling me that I'm in offline mode, which won't allow me to search for songs on Spotify or transfer my updated playlists off of my computer onto my phone. This is extremely inconvinient as I like to have new music on my phone all of the time.

My phone make is the HTC Desire.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So seeing as we weren't getting anywhere here, I found this solution (<snip - moderator edit>) and it worked like a charm:

"1. Clear the app data. On your Android device: Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Spotify -> Clear data

2. Uninstall Spotify. In the same screen, tap Uninstall

3. Restart device. While you're waiting, go to step 4 (this is the good part).

4. Retrieve your Spotify username and create your device password. This is DIFFERENT than logging in with your Facebook credentials. The Spotify username is really for OTHER devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, TiVo, etc.) but it'll work like a charm in this case too. Get it herehttp://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/

5. Reinstall Spotify on your Android device

6. Log in with your SPOTIFY username (NOT your Facebook username). It will likely be 9 digits.

7. Boom, boom boom. Let me hear you say way-oh. http://open.spotify.com/track/2nyr5mKIWFHF6xJdObufdI"

I think I'm in love with the guy that wrote this.

View solution in original post

39 Replies

I'm getting the exact same problem and have done for about a week also. And despite it saying I'm in Offline Mode and being unable to search, I can still look up an artist and album if I have a track of theirs saved in my playlists. I'm using a Motorola Defy.

Thanks.

Same here. I have found that if you save any playlists for offline play, it then puts you into this situation and won't let you back to "online"  at all.

Then I'll uninstall the app, re-install and not download any playlists and it's fine again.

Not happy, as I am also a Premium subscriber who just wants to use it. 

How about some response from someone who works at Spotify?

Thank you

Hello,

Have you tried installing the Android Preview application? You can find it right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi David,

I've installed Preview but am still being told that I'm offline. Finding this a bit odd considering I can still view artist/album info via the 'View Artist/View Album' function. Won't detect my PC when connected to Wifi either.

here aswell. Since i updated to ICS 4.0.3.
Every time i start it, it tries to synchronize something and then crashes.

Can't use Spotify at all.. I have reinstalled the app allready. Using a Samsung S2 

@user-removed wrote:

here aswell. Since i updated to ICS 4.0.3.
Every time i start it, it tries to synchronize something and then crashes.

Can't use Spotify at all.. I have reinstalled the app allready. Using a Samsung S2 

This is solved by the preview app - http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I have tried this solution before only a week ago and still doesn't fix it. And this new iteration doesn't seem to allow screen rotation, which is a big inconvenience as well.

And re-tried this am as well w/ fresh download and install.

Same here - reinstalled but still no joy.

I'm having the same trouble on my new Transformer Prime running ICS - when starting Spotify the off-line line at the bottom of the screen will blink a few times and then stay - indicating that the app is in offline mode. However, my mobile running ICS (CM9) has no trouble on the same network. I've ran both the official and the preview on the Transformer Prime.

this worked for me! 
Thanks. Spotify Preview did the trick. I can finaly use my phone again. 

Screen rotation problem here as well, I'm also having the online/offline problem.

All this on Motorola Xoom Wifi (4.0.4).

On my table it actually keeps switching between online and offline, sometimes indefinately, sometimes just a few times until it sticks with offline.

The screen rotation is actually one of the bigger gripes for me, since I usually listen to Spotify when the device is docked, which makes using the app really annoying.

EDIT: I just noticed the thread "Official" new application beta release missing feature and wishlist thread, found here, where it states: "Support for wifi only devices (following discovery today that that lack of an IMEI causes the 'forced offline' issue even when connected to a wifi network)" as well as "Landscape orientation"  as few of the things in the wishlist.

So those might be fixed in the release version of the preview app.

I wonder where one should sent these wishes for it to be officially recognized?

:: Carpe Jugulum! ::

Still having the "Spotify is Offline" issue anyway so completely unable to synch anything or search.

Same here too, stays in offline mode using new preview and samsung galaxy 2 7.0. Help!

Hi I've been having this. I've just installed preview which is working.

When I first intalled preview, i was having the same problem. I didn't realise you have to uninstall the existing app. All seems fine now.

hope that helps.

Tried this earlier today. No joy.
Marked as solution

So seeing as we weren't getting anywhere here, I found this solution (<snip - moderator edit>) and it worked like a charm:

"1. Clear the app data. On your Android device: Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Spotify -> Clear data

2. Uninstall Spotify. In the same screen, tap Uninstall

3. Restart device. While you're waiting, go to step 4 (this is the good part).

4. Retrieve your Spotify username and create your device password. This is DIFFERENT than logging in with your Facebook credentials. The Spotify username is really for OTHER devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, TiVo, etc.) but it'll work like a charm in this case too. Get it herehttp://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/

5. Reinstall Spotify on your Android device

6. Log in with your SPOTIFY username (NOT your Facebook username). It will likely be 9 digits.

7. Boom, boom boom. Let me hear you say way-oh. http://open.spotify.com/track/2nyr5mKIWFHF6xJdObufdI"

I think I'm in love with the guy that wrote this.

Fantastic! A way to disconnect spotify from Facebook that actually works! 🙂

Many thanks!

D.

I have the same issue. It drives me nuts when im driving because im jamming out to a song and it just stops. My iPod was stolen and i use my DROID as an alternative. So this app really needs to get fixed especially if people have purchased it too work! I deserve my premium!

Suggested posts