Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Context menu defect

Solved!

Context menu defect

Hi. First of all, English is not my mother tongue, but it seems to me like I have to do this in English so please excuse errors.
Apparently there was an update to the Spotify music app on Android, since I noticed today when I started the app that the context menu looks different.
Problem with that is that it has absolutely no effect whatsoever. I'm in one of my playlists trying to navigate to an album or an artist by holding my finger on a song. Context menu appears, I press "go to artist" for example. And exactly nothing happens, the menu goes away and I'm in the playlist again.
Same happens when trying to go to an album or trying to make a temporary playlist on the go (add song to queue, menu goes away but after the last song it doesn't play the queue I just thought to have lined up but something else in the playlist I'm in).
So basically there's no way of navigating within the app except explicitly searching for every single song manually.
Excuse me but what the F?
I'm on the road just trying to listen to music but apparently 10€ a month isn't enough for a working music app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you have a display filter such as lux or twilight which may be interferring? If so, try disabling that as a lot of users have noted this seems to be causing a conflict

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Do you have a display filter such as lux or twilight which may be interferring? If so, try disabling that as a lot of users have noted this seems to be causing a conflict

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm using CF lumen as display filter indeed.
Disabling that makes Spotify usable again.
Fascinating but this seems to have fixed my issue.
Thank you very much.

This resolve my conflict. But I think, spotify need to fix this to make it work even though we are using screen filter

My menu are back to the old version 😞

I found the new fullscreen version was really better for my big fingers 😉

Thanks so much! But it's not acceptable that this problem has been persisting for such a long time. I use Spotify mostly in evening hours and that is exactly the time when I need my display filters for a good sleep!

No, they fixed it in the end but it seems they recently managed to unfix it.

Yeah, this problem appeared after the last update a few days ago.

Suggested posts