Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Controls for Spotify won't work via any Bluetooth device

Controls for Spotify won't work via any Bluetooth device

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(OnePlus 6T)

Operating System

(Android 9 / Oxygen  OS - 9.0.13)

My Question or Issue

As of last month, if I connect my phone to a Bluetooth device ( my car, headphones, portable speakers etc... ) The inline controls on the Bluetooth device won't change,skip or rewind tracks.  Volume works fine but that's just the device controlling the phones volume.  If I use other music playing apps the devices control all aspects of the music app just fine.  It only happens with Spotify. I need have to use my phone directly to control songs. Lockscreen controls work fine if controlled directly via the phone. It's just odd it only happens with Spotify music app. Please advise. (I've done the whole, uninstall, clear cache, delete all other music apps - changed permissions etc...) 

2 Replies

I came here looking for answers as well. Although, I can skip to the next song and pause...just no rewind to the begining.  Any gurus have thoughts?

Hey @midweek and @ShastaTampon,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts