Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Copying playlist AND be able to add songs

Copying playlist AND be able to add songs

I currently have a family membership with spotify. Main account and a sub-account. Both are shared between 4 family members. I want to copy a Playlist from the main account to the sub account and then be able to add to it.

Right now, I have the Playlist "shared" from the main account to the sub-account. This works for the most part, but if I want to add music to this playlist, it has to be done from the main account. I want to be able to do it from the sub account.

Any suggestions?
4 Replies

You could make the playlist colobrative, but then anyone would be able to edit it.

You could have contact support, they might be able to move it over to the other account

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Making the playlist "colobrative" could work. When you say " anyone would be able to edit it", does this mean anyone within my family (4 members) or does this mean the playlist somehow becomes public to ANYONE in the Spotify community? If its just my family members, I can live with that. How do I then make a playlist "colobrative"? I'm trying to figure it out, but can't seem to find this option (from the main account). I am seeing on the internet how it says to "right-click (or Ctrl-click on the Mac) the list and select Collaborative Playlist", but I am not seeing this option available. Unless I am doing something wrong here. 

Right now, I am the primary user of the sub-account (phone and iPad) while my wife, son and daughter are the primary users of the main account. I want to make it so me and my son are primarily on the sub-account while my wife and duaghter are primarily on the main account. Therefore, less conflicts when more then one person wants to play Spotify from their tablets. 

This is why I am more or less trying to totally move a playlist (my son's) from the main account over to the sub-account and then he can add songs as he want. 

Hi,

Please see the original blog post regarding collaborative Playlists. Just make it private and invite your family users and you should be all good.

https://news.spotify.com/us/2008/01/30/collaborative-playlists/

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Well, I was able to finally figure out how to use the "collabrative" feature and it works great. Exactly what I needed. Most of the time, wife and daughter are using the main account while me and my son use the sub-account so we have less conflicts. Can now easily add songs from whichever account I am using at the time though. Thanks for the advice. 

Suggested posts