Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Copying playlists from Android to Spotify. I’ve pulled out most of my hair….please help me to stop!

Copying playlists from Android to Spotify. I’ve pulled out most of my hair….please help me to stop!

Yes, I’m going crazy trying to copy my Android playlists into Spotify. I’ve tried multiple “solutions”, and none of them worked so far. Pleeeeeease, can I get some solid advice?

Here are the details. I have about 1,500 tracks/songs allocated to 14 playlists in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet 10.1 GT-P5100 (Android  4.0.3). The playlists, without the audio files, have been captured in the BlueMuze app as m3u files, backed-up in my PC (Windows 7) as separate files for each playlist.

I first tried to directly transfer the playlists from Samsung to Spotify. No chance. Spotify wouldn’t even to talk to Android; it would only import playlists from iTunes and WMP. Then a bit of surfing led me to various apps proclaiming to have the powers to get all sorts of playlists into Spotify. After much downloading and signing-up, I discovered that apps like “Ivy” and “Ubuntu” have bitten off more than they could chew. Translation: no good!

Finally, I thought if we can’t go direct, let’s go indirectly by first copying the playlists from Android to iTunes, and then in  a second stage, import from iTunes into Spotify. Logical: yes. Feasible: No. iTunes didn’t want to touch the Android playlists, unless I brought the audio files in with the playlists. And frankly, if I’m going to individually select 1,500 audio files, I might just as well create new playlists in Spotify manually laboriously.

Or do you have a better solution? Let me know quick….I’m nearly bald! Thanks in advance.

Andy   

1 Reply

I don't think there's an easy way to do this, sorry. Ivy seems to be your best bet but it does seem a bit temperamental at the moment. I managed to get it to work by hacking an m3u playlist using a text editor (regular expressions make this a lot easier) so that I just ended up with a list in the form of "artist - title" but I couldn't get the dropdowns to work. However adding a first line containg literally "artist - title" made it work without having to use the dropdowns.

Hopefully your hair will grow back quickly 🙂

Suggested posts