Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cowon Z2

Solved!

Cowon Z2

Is it possible/practical to put Spotify on the Cowon Z2? I get permission errors. If it helps, I am a Spotify Desktopop Premium user. Best - Anthony

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

According to other users , this should be possible.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40958

Check that out.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This could be the case then, that the device needs some modifications to make it work. Never even heard of Cowon devices. First time for everything it seems. You could try to download it from the links here and try installing from the APK package.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/m-p/79997#...

I'v collected the versions there.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

According to other users , this should be possible.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40958

Check that out.

I'd seen that link but it doesn't say *how* it is possible. I've seen references to having to "root" the Z2 (whatever that means) but I'd prefer to stick to what Cowon allows, rather than find complicated ways of altering the software (which might invalidate the warranty??). I am clueless here. It would be curious if Cowon was actively preventing the installation of Spotify on a music player but when I try to download it I am told the device is not supported?? Best - Anthony

Marked as solution

This could be the case then, that the device needs some modifications to make it work. Never even heard of Cowon devices. First time for everything it seems. You could try to download it from the links here and try installing from the APK package.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/m-p/79997#...

I'v collected the versions there.

Thank you so much for the link. I'll check it out in the morning. I appreciate your help. Best - Anthony

Your most welcome. I have really ever seen or even heard of Cowon devices ๐Ÿ™‚ If you can't install Spotify from the Google Play Store, you could enable the possibility to install from APK's. I'd try the .180 version first, if it works, then the newest version.

Excellent job. My Cowon Z2 is now host to the Spotify app! Now, this kudos thing: how does it work? I'm sure you deserve some but I am clueless about it. Best - Anthony

Just hit the Kudos button to the posts you feel were helpful ๐Ÿ™‚ Nothing else ๐Ÿ™‚ If you don't feel like it - then cool. I'm glad you got it working. I was afraid to not hear from you again.

i'm glad I could assist ๐Ÿ™‚

Kudos button clicked!

Suggested posts