Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crashing right after playing any song or even just opening radio tab

Solved!

Crashing right after playing any song or even just opening radio tab

Hey, since yesterday i can not use the app anymore.

It opens fine, i browse to a song, start it, it plays for about half a second and then the app just quits and my phone returns to the home screen. Opening it again displays a dark screen for a second or two and results in another quit back to the home screen. This takes a few attempts after which the app opens again, but quits again when attempting to play a song.

Also tapping Radio in the bottom will crash the app immediately (without starting any song)

I've followed various troubleshooting lists in this forum, involving reboot, clearing app data, deleting folders from my internal storage (don't have an SD card), freshly install of the app, etc.

My phone is a OnePlus One running non-rooted Cyanogemod 13 (Android 6.0.1). Play Store is installing updates automatically and i haven't touched my firmware. So i suspect Spotify was updated. I'm running version 8.4.9.249 armV7.

I have a Premium account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I signed up for the beta apparently years ago. I forgot about it and couldn't see anywhere I was running a beta version (maybe display "beta" in the version number?).

Also, your response might have been more friendly. I would normally have contacted Spotify Support for this, but they don't have any.

Anyway, I've left the beta and its working fine now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

8.4.9.249 is a beta. Are you in the beta programme? If so, you must know to post in the beta forum and not here. If you're not i the beta programme, you have no business installing a beta.

Either way, you should know better than to start a new thread when there are already several existing threads on the same topic.

Marked as solution

I signed up for the beta apparently years ago. I forgot about it and couldn't see anywhere I was running a beta version (maybe display "beta" in the version number?).

Also, your response might have been more friendly. I would normally have contacted Spotify Support for this, but they don't have any.

Anyway, I've left the beta and its working fine now.

I have the issue... and I've signed up for Beta as well! I'll give this a try. Thanks!

Suggested posts