Creepy music plays automatically at midnight

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung S21 Ultra

My Question or Issue

Consistently every night at around 12am the SLEEP playlist (which I have never listened to in my life) starts playing while the app isn't even open. I turn the music off but after a few minutes the music begins again. It chooses creepy music and almost renders the app unusable. I do not have a compromised account and I have taken measures to ensure that. I have the current version of the app and only just installed it to my brand new phone. Please can this be fixed as it comes on at really inconvenient times and plays unsettling sounds.

2 Replies

Hello @queenalexandrat

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Even thought you don't think your account have been compromised, I'd recommend following the steps provided in this support article. Third party apps might especially be worth checking out. 

If after this the issue persists, make sure to reach out to Support and they'll be happy to help you further. You can find the contact form at the end of that support article. 

I hope this helps! 

I had the same problem with this and it turns out that my Samsung phone had a Bixby routine for bedtime set that included playing that same Spotify playlist. I edited the routine and now it's resolved. If you have Bixby or some other routine-creating software, I'd check that out.

Suggested posts