Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy 9+

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I HATE THE LOOPING VIDEOS! Sick of seeing them on certain songs, uses up data, it moves things around n makes things harder to find like que, all for a pointless loop of video! Ive read multiple complaints about them and yet support still has no plans to remove them or give an option to turn them off!!!! Frick!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Loxer
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Mitchman72, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The option is available there in the Spotify settings. Please make sure you've the latest version installed.

Go to Spotify Settings and find Canvas, then switch it off and the looping videos on the full now playing screen should be gone.

Hope it helps 🙂

LoxerRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Solution!

Loxer
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Mitchman72, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The option is available there in the Spotify settings. Please make sure you've the latest version installed.

Go to Spotify Settings and find Canvas, then switch it off and the looping videos on the full now playing screen should be gone.

Hope it helps 🙂

LoxerRock Star 17
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Mitchman72
Casual Listener

Thanks a bunch! My spotify is supposed to update automatically but didnt for some reason. Found the option after updating, thank goodness!

GeorgeFeb
Music Fan
How to turn off podcasts videos? There's no option whatsoever. Turning canvas off doesn't help.

Mihail

Hey @GeorgeFeb,

Thanks for posting.

You should be able to see the option to turn off the video of a podcast in the now playing view. If this option doesn't appear, or function as expected it's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the device where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. 

If that doesn't fix things, could you post a view screenshots of how the podcast appears and what you see at your end? Please include also the make, model and OS version of your device, as well as the Spotify version you have installed.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

GeorgeFeb
Music Fan

Ok, thank you. Still can't find this setting. There's only a Data Saver and Audio Podcasts Only for downloading. But I have another question, when I listen in the background does a podcast video use a bandwidth or not? Attachments don't support JPEG, ahahahahah, another preposterous bs.

Jeremy

Hey there @GeorgeFeb,

Thank you for your reply.

You should be able to select if you want to download only the audio of the podcast, turn on offline mode and listen without data usage.

We also suggest that you compare the data use measurement built into the your phone.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

GeorgeFeb
Music Fan
Ok, thank you. Seems like when I listen in the background, video doesn't use any bandwidth, so all good. Hurray.

Jeremy

Hey again @GeorgeFeb,

Thank you for your reply.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as you like 🙂

Happy Saturday! 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

JonathanCox5
Visitor

D71625B9-3B35-4298-8743-EE3F06D722BF.png

This is taken from my I phone 11

the option to stop videos playing appears on my wife’s phone but not mine. She has an I phone 12.

she also has the paid version and I do not.

I listen to podcasts and don’t watch them and never intend to to be honest. 

CarlosE

Hey there @JonathanCox5,

Thanks for posting on this thread and welcome to the Community!

The option Audio-only podcasts isn't available for all free accounts yet - that's why you wife has it on her Premium account but you don't see it on yours.

We're always testing new features to improve the overall experience, so you might see something on the app that other users don't or vice-versa. Rest assured, we'll pass your feedback on to the right folks.

In the meantime, you can listen to the podcast while the app is working on the background so it doesn't consume as much data and battery as it would be on the foreground.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout. 

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS