Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily mix won't open

Daily mix won't open

When trying to open one of the daily mixes 2 until 6, they won't open and the screen is shown, which you will find as an attachment. Daily mix 1 is opening, most of the times. I already removed the app and cache from my tablet and phone and installed it again. That didn't work. 

The daily mix works on the web version in windows 10 and on an old iPad 2. I guess this must be an android issue. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

One Plus 6 and Huawei MediaPad M5

Operating System

Android Pie (9) both devices

My Question or Issue

Can you please fix this,, so that the daily mixes are opening again? 

Screenshot_20190619_194030_com.spotify.music.jpg
IMG_20190619_210947.jpg
59 Replies

Hi gang. Thank you for the thread. This has been the most information on this problem I have been able to find. Just want to point out, STILL NO ANSWER FROM SPOTIFY.

Anyway. Same problems as y'all. Premium account that I have cancelled for a month and just started up again. Not a family plan though. Old account that is tied to Facebook.

If I have to make a new account, I'm leaving.

It sounds like this might be an error on the account, but I think we're just waiting for jodabu to have time to generate the daily mixes to see if the errors are fixed

Yeah it's only been just over a week since I updated/re-establish my account, so the Discover Weekly and the Dailies haven't regenerated yet. I'll post as soon as they do. I'll give it another two weeks to see if they don't and post that too, if that happens.

It seems like Spotify has updated at least twice since I re-establish my account. I'm now on version 8.5.16.781. Podcasts have finally appeared on Android Auto. Of course I've been wondering if these updates fixed the issue. For me, with no Daily Mix to see, I have no way to know. I'm assuming for you all this has not been fixed? If not, more signs that it might be an account based problem.

Even if it is an account based problem, why the **bleep** does installing an earlier version work? Seems like if an earlier version can work, they can make a new version that will work too.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted.

I have been trying the new updates but still get the same error for the daily mixes. 

I did have issues logging on for versions before 8.4.98.892.

Thanks for taking the chance to use your account to see if that's the fix. Good luck

OK, so here’s an update. The Dailies 1–4 are back. They just appeared sometime this afternoon. Discover Weekly was available this morning and Release Radar was available last Friday. So, it taking some time for them to populate again.

I never had any issues with the Discover Weekly or Release Radar on Android. The issue on the latest update was with the Daily Mixes. Now that they have regenerated, they are working—on Android. I only have 4 Dailies as of now—I guess I’ll have to listen to more variety to get Mixes 5 and 6 to appear again. But for the time being, Mixes 1–4 are the genres I listen to the most with any frequency and are working fine.

For those of you just catching up, a Spotify agent concluded that it was an account issue (without any idea as to what exactly was causing the issue). The remedy was the Spotify agent unassociated my email address with the old account. For me to sign up a new account using my normal email and (for the sake of simplicity) reused my same password. The the agent transferred all of my playlists, hearted songs, albums, and artists to my new account. Everything was as it once was, except for the Discover Weekly, Daily Mixes, Release Radar, etc. as technically this is now a new account and Spotify needs to relearn your habits of likes and dislikes, etc.

So, with the exception that I only have 4 Daily Mixes instead of the total 6, everything seems to be working. I’d expect that I’ll get Mixes 5 and 6 eventually as I continue to use Spotify.

I also noticed that here in the community, I was a "roadie." Now if you review this thread that my other posts say "user-removed." These last two post say that I'm a "visitor." Anyway, if that matters to anyone, that's another side affect of creating a new account to fix this issue.

I've the same issue with the latest android apps like two months now. I've provided screenshots, videos, details to support but the issues still persists.

the ONLY solution for me was to downgrade to the latest working version 8.4.84.874. Everything is working fine on this version

Hi,

I think the Spotify agent isn't drawing the correct conclusion. The
provided solution is a workaround, and not a good one. In this thread you
will find a post, where someone installed an older version, where
everything works fine. So the issue cannot be an account issue. Because,
then it wouldn't work in older versions.

So, @Spotify, please take action in this issue. Thanks in advance. I am
available for testing the solution.

I whole heartedly agree that it’s not JUST an account issue. I was one of those that had success with installing an earlier version to make it work. However, there does seem to be some sort of weird account issue with the new versions because my other family members can log in using the same app on the same device and they had no issue what so ever.

No one from Spotify has acknowledge this thread and issue. So I reached out and this is what the agent did for me. I agree that since the older version can work, that they should be able to fix the newer version to work too. But so far no luck.

I was the guinea pig and played along with the agent, I’m not saying that this is the best solution, but since resetting my account as described, I now have no issue.

I still have doubts if this is an account issue. Today I opened the
webplayer on the same device as where the app is installed. The app gives
an error while opening the daily mixes. The web player opens them, without
an error. Please try to explain why this would be an account issue? Because
the only difference is the installed app. Add to that, there is no issue in
older versions of the app....

Ok, so maybe not an account issue per se. I had no problem on the desktop. So technically, my account could work. Plus it worked with the older version of the Android app.

But, that doesn't explain why I could hand over my phone and a family member could log me out, log in to their account, and it worked for them. That must mean that there's something about my old account that the new app version doesn't like. 

That said, the question is why didn't the new app like my old account when the desktop version runs just fine. I tried to find a common theme for those of us having this issue, and when it seemed like we were on to something, someone chimes in that is an exception and the theorys break.

All of us here are trying to figure this out, but are not able to do anything about it from the software side. Spotify really should look into this, or at the very least acknowledge us. I really was hoping that subsequent updates would have addressed this.

In any event, for me the issue is now moot.

I have this problem too. First I thought it is something with my phone, since it daily mixes work on my PC. I t have reinstalled the app, cleared cache... nothing worked. So I thought it's an issue with my phone. Recently I bought a new tablet, and after installing Spotify on it I have the same problem.

Anything official on this from Spotify? and any other solution except deleting my account and creating a new one? That's not a solution, that's Spotify's devs being lazy and looking for workarounds. 

Thank you.

I have not seen an official acknowledgement and response. The only fixes I
am aware of are both workarounds. The deleting your account is somewhat a
pain, but it works and you can continue to update the app with no issues.
The other workaround is to roll back to an early version--versions that
work have been posted on this thread. The problem with that is that you
can't update or the issue returns.So you have to disable Auto update and
keep it at that older version.

A few weeks ago, I posted this issue to @spotifycares on Twitter. They
asked a lot of questions. I provided them with as much information as
possible. I have send a screen recording of the issue. Now the issue is
passed through to their Tech team and that is where it still is. So they
are aware of it now. Keep you posted on the progress.

It looks like this issue has been solved. Since yesterday I noticed that I can open all 6 Daily Mixes. It works on both Android devices.... I don't know how or when or what they fixed. I am glad it all works again. 👍🙂. Is it also fixed for you?

It works for me too. I see Spotify got updated today. I hope they will not break anything in the future updates. 🤞

Hi.
It seems that the issue has indeed been solved.
Its been months of anticipation and I got my daily mixes back.

Good to know its working for everyone here, I've since finally updated (went back to an old version to get daily mixes to work), and its working for me.

Though I've been having issues with Daily Mix the past few weeks and in this updated version it's still here - I can't dislike songs in Daily Mix anymore, seems a few others are having this issue in another thread.

Can't do it either. I didn't use that feature often, but it's a useful one and I miss it.

Suggested posts