Default storage location resets after restart, Note 9

Re: Default storage location resets after restart, Note 9

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community, and apologies for the delayed reply!

This is something we are currently looking into, but we don't have any updates for the time being.

In the meantime, a user in the Community has posted a workaround which you might find helpful - just head over to this thread.

Let us know if that worked for you! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

wirevive
Casual Listener

Someone already suggested that solution in other thread and it works for a while. But after some days, sometimes hours the problem returns.

kupkrazy
Regular
Ok, I tried that solution by setting my phone to Secure Startup (Note 9) where you have to enter your password before the phone starts up, and what do you know... it seems to work. After a week of rebooting, Spotify retains the SD storage and does not revert back to internal. It's not a permanent nor ideal solution though since other apps don't experience this with normal start up but it'll do for now while I hope Spotify can find what the issue is and fix it.
SUGGESTED POSTS