Device needs updating

Re: Device needs updating

Born2What
Casual Listener

Same here. Note 8. I can't update any further. It's updated as much as it will update. Lol. 

victor_abra
Casual Listener

Same for me. I'm running Android 8.0.0 on a Galaxy A3. 

Wardrivingpimp
Casual Listener
I am now wondering if this is as a result of logging in on an old device at some point. I am going to remove all devices from my settings (some entries went back to 2017) and see if that makes any difference.

Pawnmag
Regular
Sounds plausible. Let us know what happens.

Pawnmag
Regular

Reported on line to Spotify. They reset my connections and got me to reinstall app.  I did use an old tablet for spotify years ago so maybe that was "ghosting" in the background. Will see if it comes back but all good for now.

Pawnmag
Regular

You may be right. Went online with Spotify and they reset my connections, message gone (for now?)

Greybird
Casual Listener

Unfortunately, if that's the issue, it's not going to be helpful.  I sign in with multiple old devices - I use them as home stereo systems.  One in the kids room, one in my painting area.

Pawnmag
Regular

Message is back!

Shaggy_One

For those of you still having this problem I have found a possible solution. Going into the Apps manager and enabling the apps "phone" and "storage" permissions (these may not be named the same on your device) manually seems to have at least disabled the message for me. Tried killing the app through app manager as well as restarting the phone and there is no red banner when starting it up again.

Highlighted

Wardrivingpimp
Casual Listener
Still happenin for me on and off Will give this a go Cheers
SUGGESTED POSTS