Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device "full" after forced re-install

Device "full" after forced re-install

I have a samsung galaxy 2 1900 - I had to download the new spotify as it forced me to do so due to spotify's security breach.

Now that I have the new app I cannot re-download my songs (which you are forcing me to do also)

I just get a "this device is full message" now since I've deleted the old version of spotify all the space the old songs took up should be available but they don't seem to be. I cannot find them to manually delete them either.

I have tried force closing the app and restarting it, no change.

I'm about to go camping and will be out of service range so basically spotify has **bleep**ed me out of having any music thic weekend.

WHAT A GREAT, USELESS PREMIUM PAID SERVICE YOU'VE LEFT ME WITH!

I am extremely annoyed and put out by this. No email about it, no warning, no option to play the songs I'd downloaded anymore. I cannot see why I will keep paying for this service when you obviously don't give a **bleep** about your paying custerms service.

4 Replies

Are you using an SD card or saving them to the device's internal storage? I had to delete the old cache manually. On an SD card, it can be found under Android/data. I had two Spotify folders, and the one to keep was called com.spotify.music. I deleted the other (don't have the full file name), and everything is fine now, and it freed up lots of space. I'm not sure where exactly Spotify's cache is stored if you use the system storage, though.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same hunch, I think the forced reinstall: uninstalls the old Spotify, but it leaves the old offline music files on Android.

So if you set your music to offline download again, your storage might fill up because all songs will be there twice.

I think:

• com.spotify.music is the new Spotify's dir
  • com.spotify.mobile.android.ui is the old application's dir and we can delete this manually?

(Judging from the URLs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotify.mobile.android.ui and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotify.music )

Yes, that second one is the one I deleted, and my offline files in the new Spotify remained intact. Thanks for posting both of those full directory names.
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hmm it seems like the old music files did get deleted automatically for me in the end. Only after I was done syncing the new App maybe.

Suggested posts