Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Difference between "favorite" and "download"

Solved!

Difference between "favorite" and "download"

After deciding to abandon my entire 30,000 song library and my personal downloading tactics/system via torrents, then start from scratch with Spotify, I'm having trouble figuring out what the difference between "Favorite" and "Download" is. If I favorite an album, it works offline. However there is no green arrow next to the album, there is a green arrow next to each song in the album but the album itself doesn't have an arrow. If I download it, there's a green arrow next to the album. My question is. Whats the difference between favorite and download. They both work offline.

Please halp

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Favoriting an album: Easy access to the album page when you go to me>favorites>albums. No access to the album page offline.

Downloading an album: Offline access to the album page, ability to listen to all the songs offline.

Favoriting a song: Not-so-easy access to the individual song (see my post here for more opinions on this new interface: http://bit.ly/2hkGfkM). Will be "grayed out" an unable yo play when offline. You can go to Me>Favorites>Songs and flip the download switch on to automatically download all the songs you favorited.

Downloading a song: Not possible. If you want to keep favorited and downloaded songs apart, you can make a "to download" playlist, switch download on, and put the songs there for the download. Otherwise, you could use the fave=download option above.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Favoriting an album: Easy access to the album page when you go to me>favorites>albums. No access to the album page offline.

Downloading an album: Offline access to the album page, ability to listen to all the songs offline.

Favoriting a song: Not-so-easy access to the individual song (see my post here for more opinions on this new interface: http://bit.ly/2hkGfkM). Will be "grayed out" an unable yo play when offline. You can go to Me>Favorites>Songs and flip the download switch on to automatically download all the songs you favorited.

Downloading a song: Not possible. If you want to keep favorited and downloaded songs apart, you can make a "to download" playlist, switch download on, and put the songs there for the download. Otherwise, you could use the fave=download option above.

The songs I favorite are available offline. If I download the album, and then un favorite them, it is removed from my entire offline list. This however is a very helpful and beneficial response and I will use it as a "solution". Thank u. I have recently discovered that u r only able to have 3,333 songs in ur download list. I have deleted all 30,000 songs from my "iPod" and only found this out now. Gonna give apple music a try, I hear their limit is 100,000 songs.

Suggested posts