Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Difference between "offline" and "download" playlists

Solved!

Difference between "offline" and "download" playlists

What is the difference between flagging a playlist for offline listening and downloading it?

I am assuming marking a playlist as offline on your computer  makes it available if say, your laptop, is not connected to the internet at the time you are listening.  Downloading a playlist makes it available on your mobile without incurring data fees/no need to be connected to wifi. 

Is this correct?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right, same thing. You can "download" songs to your Android and avoid repeatedly having to stream the songs you listen to often. Or if you know you're not going to have an Interent connection you can download them.  I do this so I can listen at work on my Android because the company's wifi is horrible.

"Offline" on your pc will download them to your PC so you don't need an Internet connection when you want to listen.

You'll still need to go online every 30 days or so to get your account subscription verified:  https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline/?in=search

Check the different tabs in that page for offline nfo about mac, pc, android, etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Right, same thing. You can "download" songs to your Android and avoid repeatedly having to stream the songs you listen to often. Or if you know you're not going to have an Interent connection you can download them.  I do this so I can listen at work on my Android because the company's wifi is horrible.

"Offline" on your pc will download them to your PC so you don't need an Internet connection when you want to listen.

You'll still need to go online every 30 days or so to get your account subscription verified:  https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline/?in=search

Check the different tabs in that page for offline nfo about mac, pc, android, etc.

Suggested posts