Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different Issue after Android 6.0.1. Update

Solved!

Different Issue after Android 6.0.1. Update

My issue after the update is: I can still open the app, but it crashes after few seconds of playing. I can't leave it open in the background anf even if the screen goes to the standby mode, spotify will stop on work.
I did uninstall it and I cleared everything with the file storage, still it is not solved.
I already deleted these folders:
/emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
This is a real issue, I need spotify!!

P.s. I did already reply to a similar topic, but since my issue is different from the one discussed in that thread, I figured out that it could have been the best solution to open a new one.
I'very tried to delete that answer but I wasn't able to do it. I'm sorry if I created spam or other problems.
Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's not crashing, it's Samsung's power management. Have a read of this post for the solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Have you tried removing the SD card then reinstalling spotify just to eliminate the card from the equation. When you say it crashes, do you get an error message, does it just cloes or is the app still showing in recent apps?

Hi Joe, thank you for your answer.
I did try, but it didn't work.
What happens is that the music just stop playing after few seconds if the app goes background or the screen goes to the standby mode. It doesn't work if I press play from the bookmark or the notification bar, but if I open again the app and press play, then it works.
The issue doesn't close the app, which stays in the recent ones.
I hope there is a way 😞
Thank you again
Marked as solution

That's not crashing, it's Samsung's power management. Have a read of this post for the solution.

Thank you Joe, it seems you're totally right!! 🙂

Suggested posts