Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different Now Playing screen

Different Now Playing screen

The other day I was driving, listening to a Playlist, and the now playing screen was radically different, it had full screen album art, with the controls on top, but would disappear, it was a beautiful UI, and then it was gone when I changed playlists..... I'm not lying, I dont use any other apps so I'm not confusing it with another app. I wish I had a screenshot.

Does anyone know what that was? Maybe it's a setting I turned off but darn now I want it back.

Edit: I found the following, but it's 6 months old. It shows what I had briefly.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/01/08/spotify-testing-redesigned-now-playing-screen-full-screen-al...

Anyone have any info on this being an update?
12 Replies

Hey @Paki7491!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

That's odd. Just to check, it happened with a Spotify created playlist? If so, could you send us the playlist URI?

We'll take a look.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

This is only on some Spotify playlists and release radar, at least for iOS. What exactly do you like about it? Blown up album artwork with vanishing player controls? The normal Spotify player is perfect and I hope the don't go with this SoundCloud looking junk.

I love that full screen look. I hope they use it for all playlists. To those who want to see it, listen to release radar

I just see album art as a timeless compliment to the music that shouldn't be cropped on the sides and covered with dark fades and controls, that then vanish whether we want or not. I would be surprised if any artist enjoys seeing their art represented like that.

I love the album cover art on full screen too but just happened to me in a spotify's official playlist like "channel x" but when I go to the same song in another playlist or album just it shows the same old way. I hoped it will be able with all songs. It is very cool.

Bye bye full screen ui 🙂 so glad to see they ditched it (at least for me). Hope it doesn't creep back. 

Spoiler

It’s like this isn’t it?

614CA2A0-D04A-4D97-9D49-6B25FFA451E2.png

So hideous. This style is still used for Spotify playlists such as the one referenced above. Some may like it but even if you can get past the terrible blown up artwork and ui that covers it.. how can you be into the way it opens now playing automatically with controls that then dissapear? bleh

I have installed Spotify on my car andoidradio and i like the fullscreenfeature. Is there any way to get this run on all playlists or setting toggle?

I actually quite like the full screen look. won't leave multiple comments like some of us who are adament with our opinions but the vote seems to be in favor of the new look. We hope it comes back for good 😛

or at least as a toggle in setting to consider the very few who don't like change:/

Well I'm sure they would fix that **bleep** if it's a style they decide to stick with lol

It does it with certain songs, and it was animated somewhat. Listening to a playlist this song came up this way. Next song, back to normal. This is ugly. Funny how the moderator on here has no idea what it is. Also funny how Spotify can’t be bothered making a legit iPad app but they can throw random garbage in that accomplishes nothing. 

77E0BE57-CF87-4E55-A00C-3DD8B4D0CCD6.png

Suggested posts