Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable auto play on Android app?

Disable auto play on Android app?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 & occasionally use the Spotify app. Most of the time my bluetooth setting is off, but whenever I do enable it, Spotify automatically begins playing & it's incredibly annoying. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot, but I cannot seem to find a disable auto play option in the settings menu. I've tried forced stops of the app, but even that won't work most of the time. Would be a shame to have to uninstall the app just be cause of that.

105 Replies

This is so fracked up! Apparently issue exists since 2014 and there is no solution nor Spotify support member involved since then. I can not get rid of autoplay in car too. What can I do? Uninstall Spotify and install only when needed? Several times a week? Or cancell my subscription and start using another service, where developers care about you? Wake up Spotify!

It's pretty clear they aren't doing anything about it. I'm just gonna miss some of the social and sharing features and the discover playlist 😕

Guys seriously, they doesn't give a darn about us. Since I Uninstalled
spotify and went to Google play music I realized that I've missed a lot. U
won't regret it

I only install Spotify on my iPad and use that to listen to it bc that's
when i connected to a wifi.

Unless someone can figure out how to hack Spotify so that it will not auto
play in Android when connect to a bluetooth device, i don't see there's
much alternatives we have other than uninstalling the app.

This is so annoying. I'm going to cancel my premium membership if it doesn't get solved soon. I usually listen to podcasts, but when I turn the car on Spotify simply overrides everything and starts playing.

Just sign out off Spotify and it won't start up...

then, every time I want to use Spotify (everyday) I'd have to log in again? it's not practical. 

I am experiencing this same issue. When my phone connects to my car's BT radio Spotify auto launches and moves to the next song of whatever I was listening to last.

Also, when connecting headphones Spotify auto-advances to the next song in the same way.

Other applications, like PowerAmp, have a setting like "Ignore Bluetooth and headphone button presses" or "Disable auto-resume on connect". I would like to see the same in Spotify.

I completely agree that signing in and out of Spotify is a non-starter.

Signing in and out is not even a practical solution! I wonder what would spotify's developers/customer support say about this issue....... Oh Yea I forgot they don't give a darn about it. Coz this issue been up since more than a year now? Wow!

Solved? Really? Logging out is not a solution.

Lol how do u even mark that as a solution! That's so ridiculous.

I've been searching for a solution to this problem too, as its been driving me crazy.
I listen to Podcasts in the car and music at home, but as soon as I connect to the car Spotify starts. It won't play music because I've blocked it using mobile data, however it still overides the last app I was using.. Its very annoying.
I'm going to uninstall from my phone until resolved.

Yes I have also just uninstalled Spotify. I was going to buy premium as I have just changed phone plans and have limitless data from Spotify but love to listen to podcasts and this issue is super annoying and has been going on for ages. Fix it Spotify.

Why stop there?

Been a day 1 spotify premium user for many wonderful reasons and always recommend spotify... But... This is driving me insane. I get in my car and music BLARES through my speakers unexpectedly if Bluetooth is on. My ears can't handle it much longer. It happens again anytime I use the text to talk buttons on my stealering wheel when driving. Its a safety issue to have to pull out my phone while driving to turn off spotify when I'm trying to communicate hands free!

HELP SPOTIFY. DONT MAKE ME GO TO THE DARK SIDE!

as much as I loved spotify, this "feature" was so rude and stupid that I had to uninstall it.

Hi all,

I would like to heavily weigh in here - there seems to be no other way than to uninstall Spotify as long as the app will start over and over again.

This morning I had to stop the music three times before I could start my Podcatcher.

Just add an option to ignore Bluetooth commands. This shoudn't be hard to do as many other apps have that already.

Cheers,

Baldur

Yeah, this is SUCH an annoying issue.  I love Spotify, but darn...  When I'm trying to listen to an Audible book and even have the Audible app open, Spotify takes over and starts playing. It doesn't even matter that the app is closed, even after a restart, the app opens itself and starts playing.

It's clear the app's code has a listener set to detect a bluetooth audio device in the api.  TURN OFF THAT CODE!  I know you can.  And you saying you don't understand the issue or trying to blame a third party app is complete and total BS. 

There is a way to stop this madness, but needs root.

• Install Autostarts (I think it's a payed app, I don't remember. I also don't know if it works with newer Android versions since it's not been updated since December 2014; it supports up to Android 5 a least)
  • Press the upper right button to organize by app
  • Expand Spotify
  • Unselect "BT ACL connected"

Done

Of course this should be resolved on Spotify's side, but it seems to me that they don't give a sh*t about our complains.

This problem is not solved, so I don't understand why it has been marked as such. Two years without a response or solution from Spotify? Come on guys, this is really poor customer service.

Personally, I'm cancelling and going to Google Play Music. The problem really is that annoying, and the amount of time that has elapsed with no response gives me no reason to hope that it will be resolved.

Suggested posts