Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable auto play on Android app?

Disable auto play on Android app?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 & occasionally use the Spotify app. Most of the time my bluetooth setting is off, but whenever I do enable it, Spotify automatically begins playing & it's incredibly annoying. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot, but I cannot seem to find a disable auto play option in the settings menu. I've tried forced stops of the app, but even that won't work most of the time. Would be a shame to have to uninstall the app just be cause of that.

105 Replies

I agree. Why is it so hard for these music streaming companies to understand the annoyance of this issue. And why can they make a switch for everything else but not this issue. 

Has a solution been found to the original question?

Not that I know of. It's killing me here in Cyprus I habe 3gb DATA per month and every time I get in my car I must remember to OPEN spotify and make sure it is NOT PLAYING.

Toggle for "Stranger Things mode," no problem. Toggle for Spotify Connect? Not on your life.

Makes perfect sense.

Has anyone tried turning off the "allow background activity"? It's in phone settinfs - apps - spotify - battery

I was having this same problem until today after reading some of the comments, I finally got to know to STOP an auto play on Spotify each time you connect a headphone device.

Case: Spotify Auto play each time I connect my headphone device.

State of Android Phone: Waze app is installed on Android phone and enabled connection with Spotify (new feature on Spotify).

Solution: Disabled connectivity between Waze App with Spotify App on Android phone.

Steps: Go into settings in Spotify, under "Social" scroll down to "Waze navigation" tap the radio button to make it 'grey' (disabled). This will STOP auto play on spotify each time a headphone or any third-party device is plugged in.

I hope this is helpful

Suggested posts