Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Xiaomi Mi9

Operating System

Android 10

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 12.47.16 PM.png
This setting is supposed to disable the car mode, but as soon as I connect my phone to the car via bluetooth, I get the car mode prompt and it is auto-enabled after a few seconds.
Then I can manually turn it off, but looks like this is not working as it should (at least on my device)

I couldn't find this in the community, and wanted to know if it's actually an issue or if there is a way to turn it off for good.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @miquel_mq,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently there is no way to manually disable automatic Car mode. Other users in the Community have voiced their concerns with this here. You can check the idea for more info.

A workaround that some users report that works for them is to connect to the car via Bluetooth > go to BT settings and 'forget/unpair' the BT device. This way you won't connect to the car automatically once you start it.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

This doesn't seem like a solution at all.  Unpairing the phone entirely is almost like saying "turn off your phone before entering the car", which would also be a non-solution.

If there is no solution to disabling the unwanted automatic car mode, can you set this issue back to unsolved please?

Hi there @AtLeastItsNotYouTube,

Thanks for the post.

The Solution can be accepted by community users, I've unmarked it though as this is more of a workaround to the current functionality.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts