Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Distorted playback when listening to some songs...

Distorted playback when listening to some songs...

Hi there,

Hopefully one of you lovely people can help me.....

I've noticed, over the last week or so, when I open up a playlist on Spotify, the first song I play plays with lots of distortion, for about 8 secs maybe. If I skip, the next track does the same. The only way to stop it is to play the song out in full. After that the distortion goes.

And if it's not distortion, it's that my songs play slightly louder for a second on opening and then get quieter and play normally.

I can't pin the issues down to a specific album or artist. It's completely random. It's nothing to do with my headphones or aux cable either as it's happening with both and they're brand new!

Has anyone had a similar issue? What the flaming hell is going on?! 🙂

Tabitha

3 Replies

Hi, do you have audio effects enabled in spotify options? If so, try turning this off. Does this happen with streamed music or offline content?

Hiya 🙂

I've turned off the equaliser....is that what you meant by "audio effects"? Can't see anything else I can 'turn off'.

It's happening with playlists that are available offline, yeah.

Fingers crossed it works as it should now! 🙂

Cheers.

Tabitha

Hi

The same started happening to me a few months ago, as in tracks often being distorted for the first 5 maybe 10 seconds. I sussed it was caused by entries that the SpyBot anti malware software has added to my PC's hosts file. To sort it I added localhost 127.0.0.0 as the first entry in my hosts file as it should be and all my Spotify music now plays perfectly.

I understand this was caused by a bug in SpyBot. If you use SpyBot and look at your hosts file then do not panic at all the entries that at first glance look frightening, this is SpyBot's immunisation which reroutes DNS requests to malicious domain names to your local loopback address to make them harmless, which is in essence how the immunisation works and is a good thing, as long you ensure localhost 127.0.0.0 is the first entry in your hosts file.

Bill

Suggested posts