Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Distortions during playback

Distortions during playback

Hello,

I started using Spotify on my mobile when I got my Nexus 5 last year in november/december. It always was on stock 4.2 and now 4.4.4, using the franco Kernel for almost the whole time. I did nothing with it but reducing the CPU's voltage (device didn't crash once).

As I remember correctly the problem occurs since the beginning, but I'm not sure about it. I ignored it most of the time and but now I want to know whats going wrong. While playing music (doesn't matter which music and also if it is stored on the device or streamed via mobile internet or wifi). Somethings the distortions happen up to 3-5 times per song, sometimes theres not a single one in over 30 minutes (it's completely random. If i play a song and i happens and I play the song again it will probably don't happen at the same time anymore). The distortions are between 0.5 and 3 seconds, then the song keeps playing as if nothing happened.

I am using high quality for streaming and extreme quality for download.Audio effects are disabled.

Also doesn't matter if the screen of my phone is on or off.

I don't have this problem with the win version on my desktop.

I will try to record it but always when I tried to there were none...

But maybe you can help me without it.

Some more information:

Device: Nexus 5 32GB

Space left: 16GB

Device rooted: Yes

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No

Spotify version: 1.2.0.534

Spotify Premium

Thank you in advance,

S3cret

4 Replies

Sounds more like a hardware issue with your device rather than with Spotify. Does the same thing happen in other music apps?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't know because I don't use any other app to play music but Spotify. But I could also test that.

Can confirm this behaviour on 2 devices. Might be related to franco kernel.

* Nexus 4, Android 4.4.4, franco kernel3.4.88 #209

* One Plus One, Android 4.4.4, franco 3.4.0 #13

Other audio playback (Shuttle, games) seems unaffected

Hello again,

few days ago there was an update of franco kernel on Nexus 5 where a long time bug was fixed which 'could cause audio cripplings when there was a network change (like 2G to 3G, or Wi-Fi to 3G or vice-versa)'.

Since then I didn't have the problem again, so it seemed like Spotify didn't cause this.'

Suggested posts