Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify support metadata over bluetooth for Android?

Does Spotify support metadata over bluetooth for Android?

So, I have a Casio Gzone Commando which no one has.  I have a brand new pioneer head unti in my car.  Pandora sends over all the song, title and album info just fine.  Also my girlfriend has an iPhone with spotify.  What do you know her phone sends all the info over.  Also iTunes works with all the info.  The big question is does my phone support metadata for the spotify app for Android?  This is a big pain in my ass.  I just want to see the song info.  It is running Android 4.1.2

Thanks all

8 Replies

Spotify does send the track info such as; track title, album title and artist. My BMW receives it just fine.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

What kind of phone are you using? 

I have an HTC One M9, it also worked on my M7, M8, Nexus 5, Lumia 630

Android Troubleshooting:

Hm, on my  JVC/Kenwood  car radio, I see only the Album Name and the Artist, no track name.

Nexus 5 with Android. The missing "track name" is broken, since Google changd the BT-Stack in Android (also with other apps)

Thats so odd how it works on some phones and not others.  I guess it all has to do with what bluetooth and OS is on the phone? I am going to have to upgated my phone sometime soon.  

I am starting to think its just my phone.  I need a better one.  Going to try to find someone with a newer phone and try it out. 

I am wondering if it may be the Bluetooth stack on your device. If you could see if someone you know can try on your head unit with a different device that would be a good test

Android Troubleshooting:

I was doing some research and looks like I have Jelly Bean 4.1.  Which is the first generation of the jelly bean OS.  The newest jelly bean has to better bluetooth that can send the metadata.  So, pretty much going to have to get a better phone.  I think the only reason Pandora works is because the head unit has an app.  I think the apps talk to each other in a different way.  Thats the best I can figure out at this point.  

Suggested posts