Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does a weak wi fi signal affect offline playlists?

Solved!

Does a weak wi fi signal affect offline playlists?

I have set up a playlist at work and set it to offline. I noticed that the whole playlist was not available. I could see the songs but they were highlighted with the green arrow. I then turned off the offline and hoped the wi fi signal would allow for a full download but is still did not download. When I got home, I turned on my device and the whole playlist downloaded right away. My question is, does a weak wi fi signal affect how much music is downloaded????

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If your work is anything like mine I suspect they have set a firewall rule to block the connection Spotify requires to download files to your device.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

3 Replies

A weak wifi signal shouldn't have to big of an effect on a playlist playing if it has been saved! You should try closing spotify and then opening it back up. A weak wifi signal can although affect how fast the music is downloaded on to your device. It can take time also depending on what quality your downloading those songs in. Try checking your connection and then close and re-open spotify.

Marked as solution

If your work is anything like mine I suspect they have set a firewall rule to block the connection Spotify requires to download files to your device.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I think you nailed it. I brought my device home and everything loaded right away. It looks like I will have to do that every so often. Thanks for the help.

Suggested posts