Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does anyone like the new menus?

Does anyone like the new menus?

The new menus that you see when clicking the three little dots to go to the album page, go to artist page, add to playlist etc are way worse than they were before. Before it was a nice little compact box where you could see everything, now you have to scroll down to go to album or go to artist. I thought it was fine the way it was, and I don't see why they'd change it to make you have to scroll in the menu. Anyone else unhappy about this change?
5 Replies

That seems to happen if you are running somee sort of blue light filter and, what's worse, the menu options don't work. Disabling the filter should fix it until Spotify bring back compatibility with filters.

No offense Joe, but did you even read the post?  The buttons work fine.  The issue is that the new style of the menu is less functional than the old one because you have to scroll through the list to get to all the options.

Recent reports of the full screen context menu have been from users who are using a blue light filter so it seemed worth asking the question. Sorry to have troubled you.

Agree. The recent UI overhaul is pretty **bleep**ty. Not to mention the changes to Android Wear that have made the app pretty much unusable and slow on my watch. It doesn't even have volume controls. The previous version had none of these issues.

Update: I reverted to version 5.9.0.774 for Android. This version contains the old menus. Newer versions already have the menu enabled via feature-flagging.

Mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-5-9-0-774-release/

Suggested posts