Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double scrobbles to Last.fm when paired with Bluetooth

Solved!

Double scrobbles to Last.fm when paired with Bluetooth

Hi,

I am one of those users that is very much invested in the Last.fm feature of Spotify and I love it but recently I noticed that when my Nexus 5 phone is paired with a Bluetooth device (car or speaker) the scrobbles to my Last.fm account are doubled (each song is scrobbled twice).

Has anyone else noticed something like this, Is this a know issue and can I do anything about it as it really floods my Last.fm activity with incorrect data.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had "Simple Last.fm Scrobbler" installed on my phone. After removing it all is ok. But why did this started happening out of no where. I have had that app installed and enabled for over and year and no such problems where detected also the issue is present only when a Bluetooth device is paired.

Strange strange.

If you like using the "Your Music" feature have in mind that you are LIMITED to 10 000 tracks. If you want this to be fixed vote for this post

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yep, I am too, had same issue..
I had doubles going when I had scrobble enabled in both last.fm app & spotify.
I disabled scribble in last.fm app & logged out of app,, not site, kept enabled in spotify, and problem solved. 😊
No more having to delete doubles ☺
Thinking both were reporting?

*scrObble
*sigh*
Dam auto correct will simply END me one day
Marked as solution

I had "Simple Last.fm Scrobbler" installed on my phone. After removing it all is ok. But why did this started happening out of no where. I have had that app installed and enabled for over and year and no such problems where detected also the issue is present only when a Bluetooth device is paired.

Strange strange.

The move
Something went screwy when they made the move to the new site. Its something that didnt turn up in beta,.but now it seems having enabled the app, the new site picks up both feeds instead of simply incorporating the 2 together.
I have the full app installed, I keep logged out, and unchecked scrobbling option .
But I have issues letting go. 😊
I'M very glad you aren't having to correct the doubles anymore, I spent enough time deleting to feel for you, a giant pain in the tukus
Hopefully they at last.fm will find a cure.: )

Happened to me too, you just have to disable Spotify scrobbling from "Simple Last.fm Scrobbler" in the compatible application list. Then problem solved.

Suggested posts