Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download Error :Max 3 devices / You are at limit / downloads removed from this device

Solved!

Download Error :Max 3 devices / You are at limit / downloads removed from this device

I have a Samsung Note 4.  I have only one device and only downloaded some playlists to this one device.  Sometimes I use the desktop spotify version to stream music.  One day I opened Spotify on my phone and received this "Download Error" message.  All my playlists were deleted from my phone.  If I attempt to download any music I receive the exact same error message.  There are no Offline devices listed in my Spotify Profile.

Screenshot_2017-03-12-13-10-45.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The chances are that your android is recorded as three seperate devices. This can be caused by a change in the SD card, unmounting and remounting the card, OS upgrade or gremlins but it's easily fixed. Go here and hit the "Remove all devices" button. You'll need to redownload your music but the problem will be solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The chances are that your android is recorded as three seperate devices. This can be caused by a change in the SD card, unmounting and remounting the card, OS upgrade or gremlins but it's easily fixed. Go here and hit the "Remove all devices" button. You'll need to redownload your music but the problem will be solved.

Thanks for your quick reply.  You were exactly correct about my problem.

Suggested posts