Premium

Country

UK

Device

OnePlus X

Operating System

Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow?)

My Question or Issue

Previously I was able to like a song to add it to my all songs list, then find the album I saved the song from in my library, which would have only the song I saved in it. I could then download/play just that one song, or find an option to save the full album (which I would often not do as I don't want to save all the songs from it). Now, however, when I find an album that is in my library because I have saved just the one song from, it takes me directly to the full album. I don't want to downlad the entirety of my liked songs playlist (due to storage limitations), or a whole album just to get one song, which (the way I see it) is what I have to do now. Is this a deliberate change in the new update because Spotify wants to screw us over, or is it just me being blind?

3 Replies

I use to be able to download single songs from an album, now the albums won't expand out for me to see all the songs on an album

Me too I'd like  The option of downloading 1 song only not the whole playlist or album 

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

We appreciate the feedback regarding this feature. However, we have a specific board for those suggestions called: “Ideas Exchange board”.

In this case, we'd recommend posting your idea here, so it can be voted on by other users and reach the relevant teams. We'd also suggest taking our guidelines into account to avoid any rejections. 

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts