Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download all playlists and albums

Solved!

Download all playlists and albums

Hi, I'm new to posting on this forum, but have been a Spotify Premium member for at least 8 years. 

I have seen similar posts, and have Googled this question before posting, and think I know the answer (which is that Spotify don't allow it!) but is it not possible to simply download all of my Spotify albums and playlists onto my Android device? I have successfully dowloaded all of them individually, but for some reason (perhaps app update) they periodically get deleted again, and I have to laboriously download each album one at a time, which takes age.

From what I gather Spotify did have a mechanism for doing this, but have removed it. Is that the case?

Thanks

Alan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @yorkshireal!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, we're happy to have you on the forum.

We don't have a button that allows you to download your whole Library at once, but once you've marked a playlist for offline listening it should remain saved.

You might lose your downloads if:

• You don’t go online at least once in 30 days - this is so Spotify can collect play data to compensate artists.
  • You reinstall the app or you have a battery/space saving app that might be removing cached data from Spotify
  • You download to more than 5 devices - You can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices

Hope this info is useful, do let us know if you have any extra questions!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @yorkshireal!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, we're happy to have you on the forum.

We don't have a button that allows you to download your whole Library at once, but once you've marked a playlist for offline listening it should remain saved.

You might lose your downloads if:

• You don’t go online at least once in 30 days - this is so Spotify can collect play data to compensate artists.
  • You reinstall the app or you have a battery/space saving app that might be removing cached data from Spotify
  • You download to more than 5 devices - You can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices

Hope this info is useful, do let us know if you have any extra questions!

ElenaModerator

Many thanks for that Elena, perhaps something for Spotify to consider as a service improvement, as I have seen other similar postings on the internet. It is quite laborious adding albums one at a time.

I appreciate the reply,

Best wishes

Alan

Hey there @yorkshireal,

Thanks for your kind reply.

We'll pass your feedback to the relevant team, although there're currently no plans for something similar at the moment. We don't have official info on a timeframe and when such a feature could be expected. But in any case, we recommend keeping your app up to date at all times, as on this way you'll be rocking always with the latest available features.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts