Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download copyright free music on Android

Solved!

Download copyright free music on Android

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

I have some songs that are 100% copyright free but also they are not in Spotify, so on my dekstop I can listen to them, but I've created a playlist and downloaded it and it seems like Spotify identifies them as pirated songs so I cant have them on my mobile, can I do something to solve it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sure. Here's a local file that conflicted when I had the same metadata on both files.

Original file:

Capture.PNG

This file conflicted and was greyed out when I had the same metadata, so I changed it to look like this:

Capturfe.PNG

And here's a file that was conflicting with the music file on Spotify's servers, so I changed the metadata of:

Capture.PNG

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Add the files to your "Saved Songs" section or a separate playlist, then download it.

Workflow is this:

open Spotify desktop > navigate to "local files" > right click and add the song to a playlist > go onto your phone > download that playlist

If the song you're trying to add was previously on Spotify but then taken down, Spotify might be matching the metadata of the song to the one they have on their servers and prevent you from playing it. If that's the case, you'll need to modify the metadata so it's different from the copy Spotify has.

My favorite method is just to modify the album. I usually tag my songs' album:

Song (Single)

But you can tag it

Song ([Platform] Single) - platform can be the platform it was originally released on, like SoundCloud, YouTube, etc. You can adapt this however you like, but the point is to make it different from Spotify's metadata.

So the workflow is this:

Open Spotify desktop > in your file explorer, navigate the folder containing your file > in the file explorer, right click song file > select cut > paste onto your desktop (or another folder Spotify isn't looking for music in) > close Spotify > edit the ID3/metadata of the file > open Spotify desktop > open your file explorer, drag the newly-edited file back into the folder Spotify is looking for music in > in Spotify desktop, navigate to "local files" > right click and add the song to a playlist > go onto your phone > download that playlist

Kinda convoluted, but it works for me.

Thanks for your reply but I still cant make it work, is there any way to know which part of the metadata creates the conflict? Or could you send me a screenshot with a example where I can see the way you make it?

Marked as solution

Sure. Here's a local file that conflicted when I had the same metadata on both files.

Original file:

Capture.PNG

This file conflicted and was greyed out when I had the same metadata, so I changed it to look like this:

Capturfe.PNG

And here's a file that was conflicting with the music file on Spotify's servers, so I changed the metadata of:

Capture.PNG

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts