Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active

Operating System

Tizen 4.0.0.3

My Question or Issue

I have read everything that Spotify, the Spotify Community Forums, and Samsung have to say about this issue. Everything. This functionally STILL. DOES. NOT. WORK. And it doens't work on A LOT of Samsung watches. I had a different Samsung watch a while ago and upgraded to this one, all the same issues persisted.  So then I tested this functionality on ALL the current Samsung watches available and it only actually works maybe 25% of the time (I work at Best Buy). I know my around these watches and Samsung devices in general. The app NEEDS A PATCH UPDATE OR RE-VAMPED APP ENTIRELY TO SOLVE THIS. There simply is no other way a user can fix this. I've succesfully logged into a standalone Spotify Premium account (not a Facebook linked one, that is a separate issue), disconnected from the phone, used WiFi on the watch to download a playlist (successfully), switched playback mode to "Standalone" and the app still will not play the downloaded content even with "Offline" mode ON and OFF. Most of the time, the downloaded playlist/content shows up empty ("No music" or "No offline music") but honestly it's a plethora of errors that keep users from being able to listen to downloaded content, depending on the watch. Even the "Browse" and "Your Music" lists show up as "No items". Keep in mind this is AFTER all the troubleshooting that you can possibly find on the internet. Reinstalling the app, re-logging into spotify, restarting the watch, the phone, re-pairing the watch, etc. I'm starting to get customers with the current Samsung Watches asking about this same issue and I just simply cannot tell them anything because Spotify won't patch this issue. SPOTIFY: This is THE ENTIRE REASON why people buy these watches. They are spending anywhere from $150 to god knows what on this tech that YOU ARE FAILING TO SUPPORT. You MUST make this a priority if you value your relationship with Samsung (possibly others?) because I've already started stearing customers away from dropping the coin on a watch and just sticking with the phone instead becasue your app does not work the way they want it to AT ALL. I don't want responses with walk-throughs, work-arounds, or any other user-based troubleshooting. Spotify needs to make the Galaxy Wear App a priority and Spotify needs to re-vamp it. That's all there is to it. 

4 Replies

I bought the Galaxy Watch Active just to listen to spotify offline. It is so unbelievable unreliable. Music will stop without a known cause and you can't forward or go back a song. Then all of the sudden my downloaded music is gone and the "Download" button is grey. This happens all the time and I have to start over. The bad thing is that starting over (reconfiguring "Standalone" or reinstalling the app) starts a whole series of issues: unable to login pin pair with phone and the app tells you to login via the phone instead - but you confirm you are indeed logged in - so somehow the app and the phone aren't talking to each other, you have to try and retrigger the app by connecting and disconnecting via bluetooth, reinstalling, try reconnecting to wifi, over and over until something wakes up and the phone and the watch's Spotify app start talking again. It is definitely an issue with the Spotify app/service. I complain about it every day because spending the $200 on a watch just so I can play Spotify  offline is discouraging. I am in the market to try something else - some other streaming product.

I just bought a Galaxy Watch Active. I have the "no music" issue. It shows everywhere, Recently Played, My Music, Suggested Playlist, Browse, and when I try to Search nothing shows up. I can only play music from my phone but not directly in the app. Any fix for this?

I am unable to Download playlist into my galaxy watch 4. It has been recent issue as a month ago all was ok. Any idea what jas happened? 

Hi there @22111,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

You can try uninstalling the Spotify app from your watch and downloading it again. 

This will assure you're running the latest app version out there. You can check out this guide for more info. 

On another note, you can check if there are any firmware updates available for the watch and download them.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts