Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded Playlist doesnt play all songs in Offline mode - Just some

Solved!

Downloaded Playlist doesnt play all songs in Offline mode - Just some

I have a Spotify Premium Account and downloaded my favorite playlists to my smartphone (Samsung S5) to listen to them offline (60 GB space on SD card, 50 GB free) to not cause any more costs. One playlist contains about 230 songs and they look like they are all downloaded (green arrow). But when I use the phone, some songs are just not played. The time of the songs is running and shown but I cant hear anything. Other songs are normally played. I deleted everything and installed the app again, downloaded the songs again but there is the same problem.

If I go back online, all songs were played.

How can I have ALL songs played offline?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same card I'm using. Suggest you try a full format.... If using the PC make sure to uncheck the 'quick format' box.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Is this a new SD card, or have you already used it before you've got Spotify on your S5?

It was a new and good one. I had some trouble once with saving pics on it (phone automaticly changed saving on SD card to saving on phone). When that happened, Spotify didnt work at all. When I started it, a pop up told me "Spotify stopped" or something like hat. So I deleted everything on the SD card and formatted it. After then everything worked fine again. But I dont save my pics on that card now because some pics were still unreadable after you made them.

Btw: Spotify tells me the playlist was downloaded. But when I wake up the phone later and start the app again, its starts to contine the download at some percent. It never seems to be completely downloaded.

I'm going to ask our Android Expert @Daniel to help you out.

I would first try a clean install using the guide linked in my signature. But if that fails then i fear you're experiencing the same bug as the thread here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Feedback-Request-Android-Offline-Issues/m-p/487358/high...

Might be worth contacting support using the form (again linked in my signature).

Android Troubleshooting:

Thx for those hints but its not working. I tried it. Uninstall (couldnt find some folders left to delete), reboot and install again. I also put "Downloaded Songs" from Spotify on the white/igrnore-list in Clean Master. I really had hope in this. But after all its still the same. Looks like all songs were downloaeded (App-Manager shows 1,3 GB spoify data on SD card) but only some are played others not. 😞

the songs' aren't called their titles in the cache (as they're encrypted'. You need to assign the entire Spotify folder to a whitelist.

Can you try uninstalling Clean Master completely. Then a clean install of Spotify and see how you get on?

Android Troubleshooting:

I found a spotify folder now, which I cant delete (via phone, SD-Maid, etc.). Before I format the SD again, I need to backup some pics later at home first.

Clean Master deinstalled, Spotify clean deinstalled (folders deleted) > Same prob.

Seems to be that more songs work now (dont really know) but there are still several songs which start and give no sound. 😞

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Ok, contacted them. Just took off the SD card and saved the playlist directly on the phone. Seems to work without any problems. But I dont have that much space left there and I bought the SD card for the playlists.

So it could be your SD card. What card do you have? When you formatted it did you check the folders had been removed?

Android Troubleshooting:

Its a 64GB XC1, Sandisk Ultra. I didnt format it today. But just a couple of weeks ago I did.

index.jpg

Marked as solution

Same card I'm using. Suggest you try a full format.... If using the PC make sure to uncheck the 'quick format' box.

Android Troubleshooting:

OK, it took some time but I think I handled it. I made a clean uninstall, removed the SD card and formatted it with a special SD-Software (free). After that, I put it in again, installed Spotify, downloaed the playlists. After that only one song wasnt playing out of 220. But now even this one works offline. So I guess, with your help, I solved it. Thank you very much!

Suggested posts