Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded albums disappear randomly

Downloaded albums disappear randomly

This has been happening a lot more recently with premium it seems. I download about 20 albums and sometimes they will just randomly show up as if I had not downloaded them.

Some of them when I try to redownload instantly go green as if it just remembered that they are on my SD card, but usually 90% of the albums need redownloaded...

Why is this? I have installed a fresh version of spotify, I have deleted cache and redownloaded as well as removed all offline/devices from my spotify account.

One month to figure this out, Spotify or give me a solution or I'm out. I am paying for this service for the offline option. I am using data on my phone thinking I am playing a downloaded album and this is just costing me more money. 

20 Replies

Hey @wings516!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, could you try removing the SD card? This is in order to check if the app runs without an issue. If it works, can you try reformatting the SD card? 

Let us know how it goes.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

HI there, I also have this issue and am in the same boat. We are paying for this service to be an offline player, and if we can't use that option then what's the point.

I have used spotify with no SD card and this problem still occur's. Any help would be much appreciated.

Steps I've tried.

1. Reformatting SD Card
2. Moving music to internal storage
3. Removing SD card after step 2

I've lost my music 3 times in 3 days (over the weekend). This is the only offline device on my account

I think you can stop trying. I did.......
I posted the same problem, got a tip to a possible solution and when that didnt solve the problem the tips stopped and it has been quiet since.
Nothing works so i guess it's up to Spotify to release a new version to end the problem. Until that day i deleted the app so it doesn't keep f*cking up my phone (slow, freezing , messing up my SD card etc....)

Certainly good to know. It does seem like it happens LESS often when you save to the SD Card, but I honestly don't have a way of telling what the heck triggers it. IT HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN

Any update to this please Spotify? We are paying for a service we are not receiving.

Thanks

I have the same problem as well. Using android. And even if I updated my Samsung phone to Nougat it still has the same problem. It doesn't seem to affect the playlist offline downloads, only the album offline ones. So I believe it is a software problem. So spotify, you better find a solution to this or we are out.

I suggest you switch to a different music supplier, Spotify keeps closing all the threads describing the issue and they have no fix for this, for all I know they don't give a sh*t about this at all. Shame as everything was working fine for me a few months back, but now the app is such a mess it's unusable (causing power drain, freezing etc.).

T.

May look into switching at some point - however I got around this by adding a 'Phone downloaded' playlist so instead of downloading albums directly, I just add them to that playlist.

It's still a pain because I can't see which of my albums are downloaded without clicking into them, but it's better than losing all my downloads when I'm in the sticks away from Wifi.

Had the same problem on my Samsung s8. Albums save offline for a few weeks then all disappear, and it seems to "remember" them instantly as you describe. Weirdly the playlists I save are still there.

I'm having the same problems. Never occured before, but now it happened two times this week. Had to re-download everything. And like abeeson1 said ; playlists are not removed. So that likely means it's not a hardware problem. 

I have exactly the same problem. Is yet an update fixing this problem?
I downloaded a lot of music for a trip, and all the albums were suddenly gone, so I ended up the whole weekend without music.

I have had this issue on my S7 and now S8. Please Spotify, you need to fix this!!

Just to update, this has happened again. Is about once a month. Really annoying. Would be nice to see some action from Spotify. 

Yep i have the same problem been ongoing for about 6months I've had enough I'm a trucky n need the offline but unless they fix it I'm out as well 

been using Spotify premium for years and this problem keeps reappearing. It's seems there is a database or index file on the phone that gets removed or corrupted, but the music files themselves are still there.  I had thousands of tracks downloaded, opened Spotify yesterday and they were all gone.

Spotify - can you at least let us know how to back up the index so if this does happen we can restore it - it's obviously not practical to back up the entire folder.

Guess what another month ticked over n all my downloaded songs have un
downloaded themselves again 4 months in a row Spotify i need a answer on
why this is happening either that or reimbursement and I'm out had enough

Same issue here

Suggested posts