Premium

Country

El Salvador

Device

Sony Xperia XA Ultra

Operating System

Android Nougat

My Question or Issue

I subscribed to premium using the recent discount and am loving the service so far. My only concern is that the green "downloaded" icon keeps disappearing from the albums I have downloaded. And they don't show when I use the downloads filter either.

The thing is, I know some of these albums are still saved in my device, because the green Icon shows inmediately when I press the download switch (without having to download the songs again). This only happens with some of them, others have been completely deleted (and using the swith causes the songs to download again).

Also, this happens only with the albums I have downloaded but NOT with playlists. Playlists always show the green icon.

4 Replies

Hey @Muad-Dib95 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Communit

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

my issue is I have downloaded the playlist and the big download arrow is showing green but those little arrows on each song in the playlist still appear grey.

Hey @S3igha,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

In Spotify, all your downloads are stored in the cache memory of your device. When you start having issues with your download, it could be related to some damaged cache. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

After this process, you'll need to re-download all the content you want to have available in Offline mode.

However, if the issue persists after this, include in your next response a screenshot of the issue, the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That's no response at all.

Suggested posts