Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded music now only partially deleted, are they finally trying to fix it?!!

Downloaded music now only partially deleted, are they finally trying to fix it?!!

I know there are thousands of threads about this topic, but maybe if we keep posting about they'll do something? Or Maybe they are? 

It has been happening to me with greater frequency over the last 4 months. Downloaded songs only last saved to my device (Galaxy S 7) for about 2 weeks now. Whereas in the past I'd go a good couple months at a time. 

This past time (yesterday) I noticed something different. It didn't completely delete all of my offline music like it usually does. Instead, it deleted all but one or 2 songs per artist. Not only that but those that I had previously downloaded were now flipped to "waiting to download". That made it a little easier since all I had to do was turn on the wi-fi to re-download everything, rather than hand select (for the 10th time) the songs I want available offline. 

Hopefully, this is some kind of step towards a fix from Spotify? 

3 Replies

It happened again since I wrote this post! 286 of my nearly 3000 songs that I've downloaded were greyed out and "waiting to download". As I mentioned, way easier since it's just a few at a time now, and all I have to do is turn on Wi-Fi to re-download them... but come on, every week?!? 

What's causing this? 

So this is now becoming a weekly thing. This time it deleted just about all of my downloaded songs. Can anyone help?!

Screenshot_20170828-210936.png

One day later... another 163 songs gone... **bleep** Spotify.

Screenshot_20170829-162243.png 

Suggested posts