Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded non-Spotify tracks gone after most recent update

Downloaded non-Spotify tracks gone after most recent update

With the most recent update, which apparently necessitated downloading an entire new version of the Spotify app from the Play Store, the 500ish tracks I had downloaded under the previous version are now showing as unavailable and cannot be played. Normally this might not be a problem, but the vast majority of these tracks are not available on Spotify and were downloaded from my personal collection through Spotify's syncing feature. Are these tracks actually gone off my phone (an HTC One) until i somehow redownload them, or is there some way to have Spotify find them locally?

4 Replies

Good morning guys,

I've updated my Spotify on HTC One M8 (forced to do it of course) and surprise....all my offline music has gone!!! :-@ grrrrrrr!!!

At least for me is correctly downoloading the music on the Micro SD card (64GB) and not on the Internal Memory (16GB) but I have to download it all again!!!! (I got Kitkat too)

So please next time think about it when you upgrade!!! 

Apart from this Spotify is just amazing and I'm a very satisfied premium user!

Seriously, that can't be true.

Just tell me that I made a mistake but my Galaxy S5 just told me to update my spotify version.

Which I did.

Then it asked me to de-install the old version.

Which I did too.

When I started the app it just said that if I used offline-modus before I - SIMPLY - have to recheck the button for the lists I would like to use offline.

Then I went beserk seeing that my mobile started downloading tons of songs and loads of megabites.

Just tell me that this isn't necessary and I will relax again.

Otherwise please allow me to tell you some swearwords.

Looking forward for your prompt answer...

btw, is this the right place to ask this. Can't find any support site in German.

regards,

Roland

Please have a read at this help page which explains about this update:

http://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/downloading-android-update

If you are having issues getting content on your SD card after the update, follow the steps here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Offline-songs-wont-go-to-SD-Card-after-1-1-0-112/m-p/80...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Holy Moly

Just 1 user and you let millions of others loose their downloaded music?
Why don't you ask yourself who the true hackers are! You have caused more damage than that guy(s).

I'm pretty upset as you might guess and I have just registered for a free 6-month-trial of deezer.
I might just download my lists there again - wouldn't change a thing for my download-volumen.

Gosh, am I pissed (sorry, but you should be aware of that.)

Lol, I could rant on for hours...

Suggested posts