Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded podcasts don't appear in "Downloads"

Downloaded podcasts don't appear in "Downloads"

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System

Android 10 |  Spotify Version : 8.6.8.1094

My Issue

Hey,

I've spotted issued with podcasts.

Downloaded podcasts don't appear in the downloads section

A downloaded podcast won't appear automatically in "Your Episodes" if you didn't click on "add to library" (while a downloaded album automatically goes into "Albums")

Podcasts don't appear in "Shows"

And, sometimes, when offline, "Episodes" section is also empty

It makes it hard to remember which podcast you downloaded, hard to listen to them in order and to organize them

I linked screenshots of the issues

Bye and thanks for your great support

Screenshot_20210315_125734_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20210313_151533_com (1).spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20210314_203953_com.spotify.music.jpg
7 Replies

This problem has been happening to a lot of users. I would first recommend a clean reinstallation of Spotify. You can do so here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Spotify is always fixing bugs, so if you haven’t done so already updating the app may help. After you have cleaned the app, try downloading the podcasts again and see if that helps.

You can find more about this issue here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Podcasts-disappeared/td-p/4912023

or try contacting Spotify costumer service if this problem persists. 

hope this helps!

Hey @Gazerbin,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just jumping in to add something next to what @user-removed mentioned. Keep in mind that your downloaded Podcasts should appear under Your Library>Podcasts>Downloads. The Shows section is populated by podcasts you're following and you can find their unplayed episodes under Episodes. You can find more useful info on how Your Library works in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey,

A clean reinstall didn't do the trick. I also don't think my phone is at fault since I'm sharing another Spotify issue with other people. 

(@Rose36) About the thread you suggested, I don't really recognize my issue in theirs. It seems like their favorite (or own) podcasts were deleted from Spotify. But, the podcasts I want to listen still exists, (@Mihail) they just don't appear in Downloads when I download them or organize them in any way. Plus, I got this weird error message none of them had.

Bye !

Screenshot_20210316_152323_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20210316_152317_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey @Gazerbin,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you ask a friend or family member to log in on your smartphone and see if the same error comes up there as well?

Also, did you have the chance to log in on another device and see how the podcasts appear there? On a PC for example?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Mihail,

That was a great idea.

I tried with another Premium account. The owner never really listens to podcasts but two shows were already followed.

I also have a Chromebook running the Spotify app from the Play Store (Spotify for Tablets I think).

It works on both my Chromebook and my Android phone with the other person's account.

But, it doesn't work on my Chromebook with my Premium account (had the same error messages than on Android).

So, my account is at cause. Perhaps, once you listened a given amount of podcast, the program goes wild, idk

Thanks

Hey @Gazerbin,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

This issue seems to be indeed isolated to your account. In this case, we suggest to create a new account and try it for a while. If the issue doesn't happen in the new account, you can transfer your content from the current account to the new one by following these steps.

You can then subscribe to Premium in the new account and cancel your subscription in the current one.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here in case you have any questions.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey,

Thanks for the idea and amazing support, I'll try to use the API to automate the process

Bye !

Suggested posts