Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs and playlists disappeared for the 5th time now.

Downloaded songs and playlists disappeared for the 5th time now.

I'm having a similar issue as a lot of Priemium members. I have a whole bunch of songs and playlists downloaded to my phone that disappear every few days. This forces me to redownload the same songs and playlists every time.

I have gone through the community posts and followed a lot of the guidelines, ie. erase all data, clear cache, uninstall Spotify, restart device, reinstall Spotify, re-download all songs and playlists. It takes hours to do this and frankly, it is a bit ridiculous for a paid service.

I have done this 4 times over the last month or so. Can anyone else help?

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Marshmellow 6.0.1 saving all data to SD card.

69 Replies

Upgraded to s9+. No issues since, with settings as described. 

I've gone through the process of having my downloads force removed, over and over.  The troubleshooting alone is consuming a lot of time with no end in sight. I'm going to make a final effort to make sure I've done everything possible, then I'm leaving this service.  

Whenever it deletes my downloads (every few days, or after a phone reboot) it makes me log in again.  I log in with Facebook, and was curious if anyone thinks it could be an authentication bug.  

sometimes when you go over the limit of three(3) devices at once and have
switched phones, go over your devices lists in settings and delete the
devices that you are no longer using. also recommended to ask spotify to
sign off from all devices and start all over again with your download
process, that worked for me.

Hi, 

Have you tried to activate your developer options and then set the option "force allow apps on external". That should solve your problem. The process for activating  your developer options differ slightly per phone brand/type, but it goes more or less like this: go to settings; about phone and scroll down to build number. Tap that min. 7 times and Developer Options should be activated. Scroll down to the bottom and you see the option "force allow apps on external". 

It worked for me several phone types, a Samsung Note 3, S5 Neo, S7 edge and now on S9+. 

I hope this helps you too! 

Kind regards, 

Rutger 

No, that didn't work.

Seems silly that they can't fix this simple bug. Not the best programmers they think they are

It worked for me before, force sign out on all devices or remove devices
you no longer use in the webpage or desktop app.

RGRDS

I, too, had this problem.

wwwasdfco

asdf

Spoiler
spoiler tag

jklj

code

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 05.45.32.png

@Douglas_Hall wrote:

I, too, had this problem.

wwwasdfco