Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs are in my storage, but Spotify won't show them

Downloaded songs are in my storage, but Spotify won't show them

I am traveling through Australia right now with my 3000 downloaded songs and my downloaded songs are not available anymore. I got logged off randomly and when I log back in I don't have any songs more available off line. I don't have wifi available for couple of weeks so a fix where I don't need to re-download everything would be great. Checked my storage, and it says that the spotify app is 20gb, so the songs are on the device but according to spotify, they are not.

Some info:
-App is up to date.
-Tried logging out and back in, didn't work.
-I have a oneplus 3t with the latest version of Nougat.
-Gave the app permission to storage
-The device is not in sleep or night mode.
-There is enough free space to sync the songs
-I use 2 devices for off line usage
-I have Spotify premium

Hopefully I can get my songs back so I can listen to them on the road, which I do a lot . Happened 3 times in 2017, hopefully this will get fixed in an update. Again, I don't have wifi available, only cellular data. So an off line fix is appreciated (or a fix that doesn't need a lot of data). Cheers

5 Replies

Hey @MrBrown3, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

The only reliable solution I've been able to find for this issue is to delete and re-download the app and then re-download all of your songs, so if there's any way for you to pick up a wifi signal overnight then that's what I'd suggest. If not, I think you'll have to wait until you do have wifi.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

Thanks for the reply. Well, I managed to find some wifi and redownloaded everything. That was 4 days ago. Now, today the same thing happened again. What is causing this problem? (So I can now how to avoid it). Should be fixed fast , because this is a big/annoying bug for the users... Are there plans to fix this, cause I've read it's an old bug.

Hopefully this is the last time, because re-downloading all my music (3000+ songs in hq) is definitely not easy on the road

@MrBrown3,

The problem occurs when songs are downloaded to an SD card, but simple deleting and re-downloading the whole Spotify app sometimes solves this issue.

I have an Oneplus 3t with only internal storage, so that's strange... No other causes? Or ways to avoid it?

Hey,

I have encountered the same problem. I was suddenly logged out of my account (I guess it is because of a bug that occurs if you turn off your Android phone or restart it while using spotify ). When logged in, there was no longer the green sign beside the songs that I had previously downloaded and used in offline mode. However the storage usage of the spotify app still indicated that the user data is about 1GB which meant that the songs are still in the storage.

What could solve my problem was going to the Settings of the phone, selecting spotify from the app section, going to the Storage section and clicking on the Clear Cache button. My Spotify account was logged out again. However this time, when I logged in to my account, the afforementioned songs started to have the green sign without the need to download them again.

Suggested posts