Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs aren't recognised on SD Card...

Downloaded songs aren't recognised on SD Card...

I've been having problems over the last week with the new update of Spotify, and having just switched to using an SD Card in my phone. 

The app keeps crashing/freezing, and I keep having to format the card, delete the app cache, and download all my playlists. this has happened 4 time in the last week, and is getting tiresome.

Is there a way to get the app to recognise previously synced/downloaded songs on an SD Card without having to download everything with every fresh install of the app?

I'm running a Galaxy S4 and Samsung 64GB SDXC.

3 Replies

See if the steps in this post work for you.

Thanks. I actually found that post and am in the process of trying your steps out exactly. 

But will it rectify my one main problem: If the app crashes again and i need to re-install again, will it recognise my previously downloaded/sync'd files, or will i have to download/sync all over again?

Whenever you reinstall the app, you will need to redownload offline music. You shouldn't get the app crashing and following all the steps in my post will make sure you are effectively starting with a totally clean installation of spotify and rule out most of the possible causes. Hopefully, once you have finished, you won't get any more issues.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Suggested posts