Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

Moto G3

Operating System

Android 6.0

My Question or Issue

I downloaded 2 playlists' worth of songs.  I slid the "download" slider over, and they started downloading one by one.  I watched the progress.  Now, when I got to "My Library" > songs > filter > downloads, there's nothing there.  "Some results may be hidden by the filter."  So I remove the download filter, and there's a few songs there, but not the ones I downloaded.  Since I don't expect any solution, this will now become a rant:

Spotify has a great concept, and excellent content.  But the fact that their interfaces across all devices and the web are so consistently buggy means that I cannot pay for this service.  It's a shame.  I'll cancel it after the free trial is over.  Get it together Spotify!  And meanwhile, can't somebody come up with something that works?  Free market!  Take my money!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After spending quite a bit of time and clicking through exactly the right combination of links, I was able to chat with Spotify.  They don't make it easy!  Anyway, I did learn that the downloaded songs don't go to the songs library.  They are only accessible in the playlist from which they were downloaded.  So this is also in the libary, but "playlist" submenu instead of "songs."  I still take issue with the counterintuitiveness of this platform, but at least all is not lost!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

After spending quite a bit of time and clicking through exactly the right combination of links, I was able to chat with Spotify.  They don't make it easy!  Anyway, I did learn that the downloaded songs don't go to the songs library.  They are only accessible in the playlist from which they were downloaded.  So this is also in the libary, but "playlist" submenu instead of "songs."  I still take issue with the counterintuitiveness of this platform, but at least all is not lost!

Suggested posts